Big 10/Pac 12 reach scheduling agreement, could include basketball

Sorry for stepping on your touchdown call, by posting the same thing.

Sorry for stepping on your touchdown call, by posting the same thing.

Ha! I got the link from you on the football board and wanted to make sure it got over here as well.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. If it ended up leading to both a home and away B10/P12 set up each year that would be fantastic, though if this replaces the B10/ACC Challenge, I fear we'll start out against the lower tier P12 schools like we've been up against vs. the ACC and will have to wait a number of years before we get a crack at the UCLA/Arizona's of the world.

Go Gophers!!

I don't see any reason why the ACC challenge would have to be dropped. But that's just me.

I don't see any reason why the ACC challenge would have to be dropped. But that's just me.
The B1G dominated the ACC this year. They are probably running away, plus they are going to 14 teams and might drum something up with the SEC.

I think it will replace the ACC / BIG challenge.. but we will see. Even if it does, I'm all for it as I'm kind of bored of the current challenge...that and I'm a West Coast guy. ITs the football relationship that will be sweet. As starting in 5 or so years, we will always get a Pac Ten team on the schedule, which is nice. Especially for potential road trips to Zona, Southern or Northern Cal, etc.

Tubby won't allow it!

Do you think Tubby would ever dare risk the chance of having to play TWO road games in a single non-conference season? That's four times greater than his current two year average of 0.5/yr. I think not.

skoalvikings said:
Do you think Tubby would ever dare risk the chance of having to play TWO road games in a single non-conference season? That's four times greater than his current two year average of 0.5/yr. I think not.

We will have two road games next year.

Honestly, with so many nonconference games in basketball, they should have each conference team play multiple games against Pac-12 teams every year. That would be more of a collaboration than one game a year. Heck, they could even do 4 games for each team to really "collaborate" in the nonconference. If you have 1 nonconference football game, that's 25% of the nonconference games in the regular season. So the equivalent in basketball would be 4 games - now that would really be a collaboration in my mind. One game a year in basketball isn't really that significant in my opinion - a lot of times that happens anyway.

Top Bottom