Big 10 Bowl Picks

DL65

Reaction score
Tomorrow is the kick-off to the 2008 Big 10 Bowl Season. The Big 10 has seven teams playing and most of the out-of-conference opponents are favored. Nevertheless, the following are my picks:

Champs Bowl
Florida State 28 Wisconsin 17

Alamo Bowl
Northwestern 24 Missouri 21

Insight Bowl
Minnesota 31 Kansas 28

Outback Bowl
Iowa 27 South Carolina 10

Capital One Bowl
Georgia 28 Michigan State 24

Fiesta Bowl
Ohio State 34 Texas 27

Rose Bowl
Penn State 28 USC 24

To keep this thread short, I refrain from making any comments or provide reasons for my projections. Feel free, however, to give you picks and insights.

Go Gophers!!

Merry Christmas DL65! Mine....

Champs Bowl
Florida State 31 Wisconsin 15

Alamo Bowl
Missouri 31 Northwestern 6

Insight Bowl
Minnesota 27 Kansas 25

Outback Bowl
Iowa 38 South Carolina 12

Capital One Bowl
Georgia 31 Michigan State 15

Fiesta Bowl
Texas 24 tOSU 10

Rose Bowl
Penn State 28 USC 20

3 Big Ten victories....

Big Ten will surprise this year

Champs Sports Bowl
Wisconsin will squeak by FSU by a FG.

Alamo Bowl
NW gets no appreciation while Mizzou was all smoke & mirrors that has now been exposed. NW by 5.

Insight Bowl
Gophers play tough but will lose on key turnover in the 4th quarter. KU by 6

Outback Bowl
Cornbirds will run all over the Gamecocks. Iowa by 10

Capital One Bowl
This one could get ugly. Spartans have been overmatched against the elite teams. Dawgs haven't played like an elite team but they have elite talent. Jawja by 17

Fiesta Bowl
I read an article recently that broke down this matchup and favored coach Mack Brown over coach Jim Tressel. Sorry, I don't buy that. The Bucknuts will be ready for this game. OSU by 3.

Rose Bowl
If it wasn't for a fluke in Kinnick, the Nittany Lions would be playing for all the marbles. PSU is dang good and USC is bored with the Rose Bowl. PSU by 4.

I Yam what I Yam Olive Oyle!!!!! The Big Ten will go 7-0 in the Bowl Games, I just won't predict scores. GO BIG TEN, WIN ALL 7!!!!!!

Mine are

Champs Bowl
Florida State 45 Wisconsin 13

Alamo Bowl
Northwestern 27 Missouri 24

Insight Bowl
Minnesota 27 Kansas 17

Outback Bowl
Iowa 34 South Carolina 13

Capital One Bowl
Georgia 38 Michigan State 21

Fiesta Bowl
Texas 27 tOSU 17

Rose Bowl
Penn State 24 USC 17

4 Big Ten victories....[/QUOTE]

Nice call. Hope you are right on the rest of your picks. Excepted an Iowa loss and MSU win would make me happier.

Thanks

Iowa looked like they were clicking on all cylanders when they played the Gophers and Georgia is just a little to much for MS I suspect.

Obviously I am a B10 fan, but my prediction is that we lose every single Bowl game (Iowa might have a slight chance against SC).

I hate to say it but I agree with you Charles. I think Iowa may be our only chance.

Top Bottom