Bielema won't say who's starting QB against UTEP. the chaos continues...

BB won't be fired no matter what. He's coming off back to back Rose Bowl appearances. If they did fire him, I actually think they'd have a tough time finding an A-list coach. The B1G (other than tOSU) has had trouble finding top tier coaching replacements and who would want to take over for a coach that was fired a year after going to back to back Rose Bowls? The bar/expectations would be insane. They will keep BB and give his assistant coaches a couple of years to gel before they even think about other head coaching possibilities.

The B1G (other than tOSU) has had trouble finding top tier coaching replacements

It's a matter of opinion, of course, but I disagree pretty strongly with this. Other than Danny Hope (whose hire looks even more bizarre the further removed it is), whose hiring would you quibble with since Wisconsin hired Enema?

Michigan St. - hired a sitting BCS head coach (this has happened very rarely lately)
Michigan - hired a sitting non-AQ head coach
Indiana - hired a hot OC responsible for a consistently potent offensive attack
Illinois - hired a sitting non-AQ head coach
Minnesota - hired a sitting non-AQ head coach
Penn St. - hired a very hot NFL OC who would've almost certainly become a NFL HC in a short matter of time

Other than maybe Illinois with Beckman, I'd say that all of those teams made good-to-very-good hires relative to their "station" in college football. None of them hired a position coach with zero coordinator/HC experience above the HS level and none of them hired a crazy person (cough John L. Smith cough). Ok - maybe Kevin Wilson is a little crazy.

It's a matter of opinion, of course, but I disagree pretty strongly with this. Other than Danny Hope (whose hire looks even more bizarre the further removed it is), whose hiring would you quibble with since Wisconsin hired Enema?

Michigan St. - hired a sitting BCS head coach (this has happened very rarely lately)
Michigan - hired a sitting non-AQ head coach
Indiana - hired a hot OC responsible for a consistently potent offensive attack
Illinois - hired a sitting non-AQ head coach
Minnesota - hired a sitting non-AQ head coach
Penn St. - hired a very hot NFL OC who would've almost certainly become a NFL HC in a short matter of time

Other than maybe Illinois with Beckman, I'd say that all of those teams made good-to-very-good hires relative to their "station" in college football. None of them hired a position coach with zero coordinator/HC experience above the HS level and none of them hired a crazy person (cough John L. Smith cough). Ok - maybe Kevin Wilson is a little crazy.

Kevin Wilson is a confirmed crazy person and completely unlikeable. I agree with you that Beckman was a meh hire.

I fully expect to see Kevin Wilson in a Nick Nolte-like mug shot any day now.

BB won't be fired no matter what. He's coming off back to back Rose Bowl appearances. If they did fire him, I actually think they'd have a tough time finding an A-list coach. The B1G (other than tOSU) has had trouble finding top tier coaching replacements and who would want to take over for a coach that was fired a year after going to back to back Rose Bowls? The bar/expectations would be insane. They will keep BB and give his assistant coaches a couple of years to gel before they even think about other head coaching possibilities.

Todd Graham would pick up the phone!

I concur with the sentiments expressed here on page 2. Nothing more I'd like to see than the Badgers fall flat, but I think they are better than what they've shown thus far and let's remember they have lost a ton of top-tier performers--especially on offense--over the past couple of seasons. They may find their balance during the second half of the season, although I don't think they are within a light year of last year's edition.

There's really no excuse for the Badgers not having better depth with all the blow-outs they had last season. They should have been slotting guys in constantly.

Top Bottom