Bielema presser

says Illini were fortunate to get out of Mpls with a win last year

says, he knows Minnesota lost some good players, esp on oline and dline, but thinks overall Gophs probably a better team than last year

says Minnesota coming off a bye and Illini coming off a Saturday night game that took four full quarters of effort and then getting ramped up for an 11 a.m. start presents a challenge

says he and PJ are different personalities but similar in core beliefs...says gained respect for PJ when he coached Carter Coughlin with the Giants...said Coughlin was very proud of the program, which reflects on the coach....CC was sound fundamentally, high football IQ

says a lot of guys on staff obviously like PJ, have been with him a long time

says Illini were fortunate to get out of Mpls with a win last year

says, he knows Minnesota lost some good players, esp on oline and dline, but thinks overall Gophs probably a better team than last year

says Minnesota coming off a bye and Illini coming off a Saturday night game that took four full quarters of effort and then getting ramped up for an 11 a.m. start presents a challenge

says he and PJ are different personalities but similar in core beliefs...says gained respect for PJ when he coached Carter Coughlin with the Giants...said Coughlin was very proud of the program, which reflects on the coach....CC was sound fundamentally, high football IQ

says a lot of guys on staff obviously like PJ, have been with him a long time
What's all this mutual respect crap between Fleck and Bielema.....bring back the Brewser/Bielema hatred. Those two couldn't stand each other and they were not shy about letting people know it.

What's all this mutual respect crap between Fleck and Bielema.....bring back the Brewser/Bielema hatred. Those two couldn't stand each other and they were not shy about letting people know it.
let-the-hate-flow-through-you-sidious.gif

Sounds like Brohm’s presser before the Purdue game …

This is true for the most part especially when speaking in generalities about the opponent. However, the Coughlin story was unique, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
I agree. I am paraphrasing but what he meant was... him and I are very different... I always had PJ in the salesman category but then as I coached some of his former players I realized the guy could actually coach as well.

Based on some of the comments I'm not going to watch the presser because it sounds like it might make me almost not hate Bielema.

saw the Coughlin comments in a tweet. pretty fun story - BB was an ass't with the Giants, so he and Coughlin had a bet on the Gopher - Iowa game. BB won the bet and Coughlin had to wear a shirt for the next week. BB didn't say specifically, but assume it was an Iowa shirt.

BB was very complimentary about Coughlin and said that reflects well on Fleck and his program. He sounded almost human.

Still very large..........

I loved that he praised the band director, the band and the student section. That's what makes college football so much better than pro football. The atmosphere.

Top Bottom