Better than a babysitter...

FarmGopher

U Grad
Reaction score
Hey, I haven't seen this posted yet, but I could have missed it.

The Bell Museum of Natural History is hosting a special "camp" for 6 to 12 year olds during all of the gopher football home games. See Here for details.

Looks like a great way to get your kids out of the house, and learning something, while you have fun watching the gopher game. Might make a good option for a lot of parents out there, especially for the halloween game, depending on the weather conditions for trick or treating.

GO GOPHERS!

The Bell Museum is a really good place to take kids. Most of the museum is taxidermy (which some kids love and freaks some out), but there is a big kids area, with snakes, turtles and bugs. Lots of animal bones for the kids to play with, from ordinary dones to mammoth bones. My 2 year old loves to pet the snakes.

The Bell Museum is a really good place to take kids. Most of the museum is taxidermy (which some kids love and freaks some out), but there is a big kids area, with snakes, turtles and bugs. Lots of animal bones for the kids to play with, from ordinary dones to mammoth bones. My 2 year old loves to pet the snakes.
I agree. I went the the Bell Museum for a project and was really surprised at how interesting it is, very underrated.

It's a lot of fun for kids and it's cheap $5 for adults and $3 for kids 3-16. I go there enough to make a membership worthwhile. But it's also free on Sundays. The museum has over 2 million specimens of plants and animals. It's a great way to teach children about wildlife they might not get to see too often.

But the best thing is... normally, you take your kids out in public and its "no don't touch that, put that down, let go..." etc, etc. But at the Bell Museum they can pick up and play with the items in the kids room. Which means you can relax a bit.

my girlfriend loves to "pet the snake" too! sorry, i just couldn't resist. the door was left wide open. ;)

Top Bottom