Best wishes to Sid Hartman for a full recovery!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Sad news. At his age, that can be tough. But he's a tough guy.

Ouch. Hope he gets back on his feet.

Any surgery at his age is a pretty big deal. I wish him a full recovery. There are many days on the radio now that I can't understand much of what he is saying but for a man close to 97 years old he does amazingly well with his mobility.

Growing up in Le Sueur my brothers and I fought over his column nearly every morning. Wishing him well.

I'm proud for some odd reason that I have almost been run over by Sid twice leaving T-Wolves games over the years. I'd be pissed if it was anyone else, but Sid is Sid. Get well young man.

I'm proud for some odd reason that I have almost been run over by Sid twice leaving T-Wolves games over the years. I'd be pissed if it was anyone else, but Sid is Sid. Get well young man.
Same here. He almost ran me over at Williams many many years ago.

I got a shout out on his radio show many years ago. I didn't quite make "close personal friend" status but I think he said I was his good friend, or something like that.

To still be doing what you love at age 96 is about one in ten million. He has led a remarkable life. I hope that he makes it back.

Same. At a Vikings game. Seems it's a right of passage as a MN sports fan. Get your heart broken. Nearly get run over by Sid.

I got a shout out on his radio show many years ago. I didn't quite make "close personal friend" status but I think he said I was his good friend, or something like that.

To still be doing what you love at age 96 is about one in ten million. He has led a remarkable life. I hope that he makes it back.

Funny, I have a cousin who was given the opposite kind of shout out on Sports Huddle once, as Sid called him a "jerk" on air...I think my cousin has the same pride in being called a jerk by Sid as many do in being called a close personal friend!

Go Gophers!!

Same here. He almost ran me over at Williams many many years ago.

I thought I was unique. Six or seven years ago while walking out of the Mariucci ticket office, he nearly picked me off as well after pulling out of a clearly illegal parking place in front of the arena.

Funny, I have a cousin who was given the opposite kind of shout out on Sports Huddle once, as Sid called him a "jerk" on air...I think my cousin has the same pride in being called a jerk by Sid as many do in being called a close personal friend!

Go Gophers!!

In his lexicon, I wonder if that's better than "a stiff".

TCF

I thought I was unique. Six or seven years ago while walking out of the Mariucci ticket office, he nearly picked me off as well after pulling out of a clearly illegal parking place in front of the arena.

Sid almost ran me over after the first day game at TCF Stadium. He was also ignoring the traffic cop directing him to go east on Washington and was blaring his horn.

After reading these posts, I feel fortunate not to have been publicly maligned and to be alive!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haha, I've almost been trampled by the legend as well! My occurrence happened at the Barn. Funny to hear stories similar to mine!!

Criminy - I'm feeling left out that I never got run over by the guy. The closest I came was when I saw HIM almost get run over as he was walking into the Golden Valley Byerly's. He then complained to me about women drivers.

Top Bottom