Best transfers in Gopher Basketball History

I can't think of too many transfers prior to Pitino, so I thought I'd start this thread to see if some of you more knowledgeable guys can recall anyone from the old days who transferred in and set the world on fire.

Here are my top 5:

1. Bobby Jackson - Technically a JUCO recruit but for my purposes, college is college.
2. Ray Williams - Can't believe I didn't know he was a transfer! One of my All-time Favorites!
3. Marcus Carr
4. Liam Robbins
5. Trevor Mbawkwe - BEAST! I loved watching him play.

Honorable Mentions: Vincent Grier, Joey King, Akeem Springs

I know there are more! Guard who came in and was injured for the NCAAs. (i'm bad with names)

Awesome post. Fun. I came up with Carmaker and Ray Williams who to this day is my favorite Gopher. Not only could he score the ball but his rebounding was incredible.
Flip is in my top 5 favorite Gophers along with Ray Williams. Ray was soooo good!
Could handle the ball, get the ball to others, score in a zillion ways and defend. Very fun to watch! And he played on good teams too...obviously he was one of the reasons the teams were good.
Landsberger was relentless....he was fun to watch too.

I'm going to throw out a bit of love for Brent Lawson-not a Top 5 transfer, but a local kid who came back and started on that improbable tournament team of '04-05 with the likes of Grier, Jeff Hagen, Aaron Robinson. Came over as a non-scholarship from St. Francis (I believe).

Top Bottom