Best Road Games to travel to this year.

LakerFan

Reaction score
Went to Northwestern last year and had a blast. Wisconsin game this year is off the table because that's thanksgiving weekend. Any opinions on what is the best game to go to out of remaining big ten schedule?

I would recommend Lincoln, NE for the Gophers v. Huskers game on 11/22/2014. Yes, it is a little late in the year and may be cool, but would definitely be worth the trip and definitely "drivable" depending on where you live at in MN. We plan to be driving from Wheaton, MN to Lincoln which I can easily make to Lincoln with a 5-7 hour drive. I plan on going to Lincoln as well as Fort Worth for away game this year.

Probably Lincoln.

I'm going to the game at TCU. Was going to go the game in Lincoln but ended up getting tickets to the Vikings-Packers game at TCF that weekend.

Wisconsin. You want to be in the stands when the Gophs punch their ticket to Indy.

At Michigan looks like the best ticket this year, IMO. Big House, early fall, B1G opener, tailgate at the University golf course, post-game at The Brown Jug. I may have just talked myself into making the trip.

At Michigan looks like the best ticket this year, IMO. Big House, early fall, B1G opener, tailgate at the University golf course, post-game at The Brown Jug. I may have just talked myself into making the trip.

Not to mention, Michigan is no longer in our division, so your next chance to go to the Big House could be many years down the road.

Not to mention, Michigan is no longer in our division, so your next chance to go to the Big House could be many years down the road.

2017, unless they change the schedules before then.

2017, unless they change the schedules before then.

This is why I've decided on traveling to Illinois rather than Michigan. The 2017 trip is going to happen, because after that, it could be a while before going back. Plus, I'm still hurting from the 58-0 beatdown the last time we were there.

TCU, Illinois, Nebraska are my roadies for this season.

I'll be hitting up TCU and Illinois for our road games this year. Looking forward to it!!

Go Gophers!!

Nebraska road trip is definitely one to make if you haven't before. Great fans and atmosphere. Personally I'd love to get out to Wisconsin or Michigan. We'll see if finances will allow that

Debating IL. Went to NW last year, and just love Chicago (Champaign is only a two hour drive). Have looked in to TCU, but Delta tickets were just under $400 each; not bad, but still a little spendy.

...but Delta tickets were just under $400 each...

Flying what days? Unless you are tethered to Delta, there are other options out there.

www.hipmunk.com is your friend. Although it does not include Southwest.com in it's searches. But there are a lot of other flights cheaper than Southwest as of now [Friday - Sunday].

Flying what days? Unless you are tethered to Delta, there are other options out there.

www.hipmunk.com is your friend. Although it does not include Southwest.com in it's searches. But there are a lot of other flights cheaper than Southwest as of now [Friday - Sunday].

Yep, $250 roundtrip on American Airlines / U.S. Airways MSP - DFW Thu/Fri-Sun.

Wisconsin. You want to be in the stands when the Gophs punch their ticket to Indy.

Yep. I'll never miss another Gopher/Badger game in Madison. My dream is to see the Gophs win the Axe at Camp Randall, it may happen this year. We'll be in Ann Arbor and Madison this year.

We’re taking our first trip to Michigan this year. Due to some potential scheduling issues, we are holding off on whether our second roadie will be Wisconsin or Nebraska.

Three great road games out there this Fall: Lincoln, Madison and AA. Probably won't get to any of them which is a bummer.

For anyone on the fence, go to Lincoln.

Three great road games out there this Fall: Lincoln, Madison and AA. Probably won't get to any of them which is a bummer.

For anyone on the fence, go to Lincoln.

Let's have a fundraiser so we can send Dr. Don to AA this year. I think he needs it.

My road crew is making that very trip this year. Looking forward to it. The fact that we won't be back in Ann Arbor again until 2017 made this one a no-brainer for us this year.

Yep. I'll never miss another Gopher/Badger game in Madison. My dream is to see the Gophs win the Axe at Camp Randall, it may happen this year. We'll be in Ann Arbor and Madison this year.
I've been to two Gopher games in Madison and have no desire to go back. I'll go to ten games at Kinnick before returning to Camp Randall. But that's just me...

I've been to two Gopher games in Madison and have no desire to go back. I'll go to ten games at Kinnick before returning to Camp Randall. But that's just me...

I hope other Gopher fans don't share your opinion. The Wisconsin game is the biggest game of every season, period. It's important that we have some sort of fan presence in Madison every two years for that game. The 'U' sells out the allotment every year for this game, which is a good start.

Our group is headed to TCU, Nebraska, and Wisconsin for sure. Hoping to squeeze in the Michigan trip as well, but not likely as we are already going on three road trips.

Went to Nebraska two years ago, and have exactly zero complaints. Had a blast the entire time, plus plenty of strangers buying us drinks and welcoming us to Lincoln. Won't miss that trip!

Top Bottom