Best 3 Gophers Today vs OSU

MillionMoves

Reaction score
1. Damian Johnson
2. Lawrence Westbrook
3. Devoe Joseph

I missed the beginning of the first half but I really don't think Westbrook played that well, I thought Iverson and Nolen played better then him.

Damien was the clear #1, and Devoe had his best all-around game of the year. I thought Bostick had one of his best games of the year as well.

Cosmo, check the box score for Westbrook. I'm not sure what else you could ask for.

Devoe, Damien and Westbrook. I also think RSIII deserves some cudos. I know, I know, RSIII? He played about 10 minutes less than Iverson and out rebounded him and may have outscored him. He seems to have a better understanding about position than Iverson. Colt goes for a lot of blocks and in so doing gets a few, but when he doesn't he is not in position to make a rebound. When he learns a little control on this he will be a much bigger force.

I thought Bostick had one of his best games of the year as well.

I was also encouraged by Bostick yesterday.

based on expectations and how they performed, I say:
1. Devoe
2. Bostick
3. DJ (after the 1st half under 8 TO...he started this game like he played the MSU game, but yesterday he turned it back on)

our reserves went on the 16-0 run, led by Devoe...which hopefully is s HUGE confidence booster to him

Isn't this great?

We're arguing about who had the better game!
DJ was clearly the star, but it was good to see Devoe (esp.) and Devron start to look more comfortable.
It will be interesting to see what happens with Nolen as Devoe develops. Al was all things to his high school team (I saw him play a few times) and in many ways has been all things to the Gophers. The interview w/ DJ after the game had him discussing what his game was and what it wasn't. I realize a pg has to do a variety of things well, but this may be an opportunity for Nolen to develop his own identity. What is Nolen's game if he isn't having to fill in whatever we need at the moment? It should be interesting to find out.

Hmm....It seems to me Westbrook is always the guy who steps up to the FT line and nails them. Plus, he is tough as nails. and I like a guy who fires off the F-bomb once in awhile.

1. Damian Johnson
2. Devoe Joseph
3. The rest of the team

I missed the beginning of the first half but I really don't think Westbrook played that well, I thought Iverson and Nolen played better then him.

I saw the game twice (once in person and once on the BTN replay) and I agree.

I hate to be a stickler, but people should know that it's spelled damiAn, not damiEn. Sorry guys.

1. Damian Johnson
2. Lawrence Westbrook
3. Devoe Joseph

I would add Carter to that list. I think he alone sparked the team. We need a guy with his size to be that athletic. He just came in ready to go.

6 points, 5 rebounds (3 offensive). Nailed all of his FTs.

This guy I think is a huge key to our success this year. If he can start putting in a few more shots, with his size and ability he gives us that additional scorer we need off the bench.

Notice that Busch didn't play much because of his play.

Top Bottom