Bennett O line article

Matt Setterstrom? Oh Bennett, you have done it again.

How about the Ed Olson quote? "We haven't had the best name for Minnesota football in the past few years, not since Matt and Greg." Is that really what Olson said, or did Bennett have it in his mind for some bizarre reason that Setterstrom's name is Matt and "fixed" the quote because he assumed Olson misspoke? And if Olson really did say it as printed, who is Matt? Matt Spaeth? He did a lot of blocking, I suppose, but it would seem pretty strange to reference him when discussing the OL.

Good point. I did not even get that far in the article. I stopped reading after the first Matt Setterstrom reference.

Bennett was right back to regular form later, ranking MN D line 12th out of the 12 teams.

This was a quick blurb written from a session at the Big 10 Kickoff. Ed Olson was there and probably dropped his brother's name. Bennett if pressed could no name one other offensive lineman and its that research that leaves him and others rating us
12th. he knows very little about the program and invested even less. If he would have done a little background he would have found that, there is a battle brewing at center, and with Campion and Gjere back. Add to that the aveage gain in lean muscle mass was 10-15 pounds, some especially Epping have probably made the upper reaches of possible at 24. This will be a bigger, stronger group. And there is depth at each position. So Mr. Bennett, I have given you Epping, Mottla, Campion, Gjere. Will Caleb Bak start? Thanks for nothing.

Top Bottom