Ben talks to team thread.

CPTMidnight

Reaction score
Yep, you and CPT Midnight are the only people on this board who have spoken with a black person before. Congrats!
When the riots first broke out I had someone get in my face with the BLM garbage and let me know that I probably did not even know any black people so how could I have that opinion. They demanded - give me one person - just one that you know right now. I stammered and gulped and tried to think of someone that was black that I knew and had interacted with recently and came up blank. Finally I had to admit that right now I didn't have any friends that were black right now...

Then my wife stepped in and said "what are you talking about? you were at Vincents helping him with his patio work an hour ago." I was like - oh yeah, that's right, Vincent is black. I do know someone but I just think of him as a friend and not my "black friend".

That is the difference between you and me. I don't see people of different races as being different (or even remember that they are a different race). You on the other hand are demanding that everyone see them as a different race.

What you guys are pushing is pretty disgusting - IMHO.

SanDiegoGopherFan

Reaction score
I'd like to share a revelation I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to another area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we are the cure.

- Agent Smith

stocker08

Reaction score
How was the coach politically divisive? I watched the video of his comments and he just talked about having the players backs, working on helping social injustice and making the world a better place.

Unfortunately...we have Gopher fans (righties) that think that the equality is a divisive issue.

Because there are still an unfortunate amount of people in our fan base who still think athletes should "shut up and dribble."

I mean, remember how many people were offended at the "End Racism" nameplates the football team wore this fall?

There are a lot of people that want "those blacks" to run good and shoot good, but they HATE it when they talk good and - perish the thought - speak their own ideas or become active around a social issue.

Don't worry. Those same righties who think black athletes should shut up and dribble...have the grounded belief that James Woods is a good spokesman.

These people eat bugs you guys! They don't think like normal people.

GoldenRodents

Reaction score
How was the coach politically divisive? I watched the video of his comments and he just talked about having the players backs, working on helping social injustice and making the world a better place.
I think he goes along with this woke mumbo jumbo so he can get the guys close enough to impart real wisdom.

Slim Tubby

Reaction score
I think we all need to group up, pitch in to rent out a large cabin, get some kegs, a nice grill and sit around and watch Cheers.
Cheers is way too progressive...change the channel to The Shield with Vic Mackey killing criminals AND cops and I’ll even pay for one of the kegs!

GoldenRodents

Reaction score
Unfortunately...we have Gopher fans (righties) that think that the equality is a divisive issue.

Don't worry. Those same righties who think black athletes should shut up and dribble...have the grounded belief that James Woods is a good spokesman.

These people eat bugs you guys! They don't think like normal people.
You need a workable definition of "equality", because some people put a whole lot into life, and others just coast along. The pursuit of happiness is incompatible with government mandating equality of outcome.

scools12

Reaction score
Your third favourite t-shirt after the ones that say "I'm a target of white racism" and "I'm pretty sure there are examples of white lynchings too!"
You tried but this isn’t even one bit creative or original.

But hey, you made an another attempt to call me a white nationalist / supremacist / racist or something and you got two other leftist nut jobs giving the 👍 for your efforts.

Last edited:

Go4Broke

Reaction score
You realize this is a political stance right?

Like you could actually think black people's lives matter and disagree with that statement.

You idiots are doing nothing but proving my point. The phrase "black lives matter" is a divisive political phrase. It's not simply saying that African American people deserve respect.

"Black Lives Matter" is not only a political phrase it's also a social and cultural phrase. And it's not ever going away until cops stop killing unarmed black people. The phrase is only divisive for people who don"t mind cops killing people who have committed minor offenses and who are not a threat to others. Those people can go fuck themselves. The rest of us aren't bothered that Ben Johnson feels free to use "Black Lives Matter" when communicating with his players.

And cut the bullshit about BLM being divisive. In case you haven't noticed we are in the midst of a political and cultural war for the hearts and minds of the people and the preservation of democracy in America. Nobody who cares about the future of their country should be sitting on the sidelines. Count me among those Minnesotans who want our state and it's flagship university fighting that war against the 73 million right wing morons who voted for the most divisive president in U.S. history and who continue to support him even after he tried to steal the election from Joe Biden during the U.S. Capitol Insurrection on Jan 6.

Last edited:

MplsGopher

Reaction score
You specialize in twisting words. You are white. Your future son is black. Once your son is of driving age, you will get to test the validity of what we see and hear from all of these parents who worry about their black sons simply driving around town.

You seem VERY confident about it not being an issue for you now. I think that's extremely brazen. I'd love to circle back on this in 16-17 years and check in. Not that you'd ever actually admit you were any slight bit wrong though...
He did say part black. And didn't specify the fraction.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
In case you haven't noticed we are in the midst of a cultural war for the hearts and minds of the people and the preservation of democracy in America.
Oh he's well aware.

He's on the losing side, and hates that fact with every ounce of his being.

golf

Reaction score
"Black Lives Matter" is not only a political phrase it's also a social and cultural phrase. And it's not ever going away until cops stop killing unarmed black people. The phrase is only divisive for people who don"t mind cops killing other people who have committed minor offenses. Those people can go fuck themselves. The rest of us aren't bothered that Ben Johnson feels free to use "Black Lives Matter" when communicating with his players.

And cut the bullshit about BLM being divisive. In case you haven't noticed we are in the midst of a cultural war for the hearts and minds of the people and the preservation of democracy in America. Nobody who cares about the future of their country should be sitting on the sidelines. Count me among those Minnesotans who want our state and it's flagship university fighting that war against the 73 million right wing morons who voted for the most divisive president in U.S. history and who continue to support him even after he tried to steal the election from Joe Biden during the U.S. Capitol Insurrection on January 6.

Not sure your second sentence is supportable. The number seems to vary depending upon definition but from what i can find, on the high side approximately 25 unarmed blacks are killed by cops on average each year. Of course some of these would be unquestionably legitimate, some of them not. Surveys indicate most people think the number is much higher than 25 so you are not alone.

Last edited:

stocker08

Reaction score
You tried but this isn’t even one bit creative or original.

But hey, you made an another attempt to call me a white nationalist / supremacist / racist or something and you got two other leftist nut jobs giving the 👍 for your efforts.

Chalk eaters like you wouldn't know creative or original if king Trump gave you a lesson on it personally.

Blizzard

Reaction score
"Black Lives Matter" is not only a political phrase it's also a social and cultural phrase. And it's not ever going away until cops stop killing unarmed black people. The phrase is only divisive for people who don"t mind cops killing other people who have committed minor offenses. Those people can go fuck themselves. The rest of us aren't bothered that Ben Johnson feels free to use "Black Lives Matter" when communicating with his players.

And cut the bullshit about BLM being divisive. In case you haven't noticed we are in the midst of a political and cultural war for the hearts and minds of the people and the preservation of democracy in America. Nobody who cares about the future of their country should be sitting on the sidelines. Count me among those Minnesotans who want our state and it's flagship university fighting that war against the 73 million right wing morons who voted for the most divisive president in U.S. history and who continue to support him even after he tried to steal the election from Joe Biden during the U.S. Capitol Insurrection on Jan 6.
My God. You're actually a real person. I've always thought you were some sort of messageboard bot that only regurgitated tweets and links to left leaning websites and news articles.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
My God. You're actually a real person. I've always thought you were some sort of messageboard bot that only regurgitated tweets and links to left leaning websites and news articles.
How does it feel to be on the losing side of the culture war? :)

How does it feel to know that the way you view the world, is dying, and won't exist on the planet in a few generations?

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
"Black Lives Matter" is not only a political phrase it's also a social and cultural phrase. And it's not ever going away until cops stop killing unarmed black people. The phrase is only divisive for people who don"t mind cops killing people who have committed minor offenses and who are not a threat to others. Those people can go fuck themselves. The rest of us aren't bothered that Ben Johnson feels free to use "Black Lives Matter" when communicating with his players.

Awesome. Everyone of you folks agrees with me. It is a political phrase. It's one you clearly agree with and I get that. But can we all please just stop pretending it's not a political phrase now?

All political phrases are divisive, dummy.

MennoSota

Reaction score
Black lives matter.
How black? If your great, great, great grandpappy was black skinned, does that make you black as well? What must a person exhibit to fall into the definition of black so that they matter?
Does anyone who gets detained by the police while driving and then struggles with the police get automatically labeled as a black life that matters? Just looking for a clear definition.

MennoSota

Reaction score

How does it feel to know that the way you view the world, is dying, and won't exist on the planet in a few generations?
...Said ISIS as they butchered anyone who didn't follow their version of Islam...

Yes, you represent a tyrannical, totalitarian ideology that is corrupt at its very core.

MennoSota

Reaction score
Black enough that the police would treat you differently.

As they do.
Differently than another person who has a warrant out for their arrest or another person who has been identified as passing phoney $20 bills?

Do you think no one else ever gets stopped for doing nothing wrong?

13 years ago I was stopped for allegedly running through a stop sign at about 8pm on a February night. I was bringing my kid back from basketball practice. I crept up to the intersection at a snail pace. Stopped for the person on my left and went through. A cop was 3 cars back, on the right, as I went through. About 4 blocks down, I stopped at another 4 way. Halfway down the block, police lights flash. I pull over so the cop can go by. He pulls behind me, comes to the car and accuses me of running the stop sign. I couldn't believe it. He gave me the ticket. I went to county court. Refused their plea bargain. I had to go to court again to argue my case before the judge. The cop showed up. I questioned him on the stand. He admitted he was 3 cars back, it was dark, the roads were icy, and I had crept up to the corner. He couldn't recall that there had been a car on my left that I stopped for. The judge ruled in my favor. Tried to appease the cop, but acknowledged there was reasonable doubt. The incident took nearly 3 hours out of my work time, all because the cop fabricated a bogus claim.

Does my life matter? Things happen, even to innocent people with no rap sheet. Let's stop looking at skin color and making excuses based on skin color. Until the left gives up its racism, this issue will never go away.

PeoplesFront

Reaction score
@mjfelton15 Gone too soon, playa. You lived for threads like this. May the fields of North Branch continue to treat you and the missus well.

AbsoluteChiefDolphin-size_restricted.gif

GoodasGold

Reaction score
Differently than another person who has a warrant out for their arrest or another person who has been identified as passing phoney $20 bills?

Do you think no one else ever gets stopped for doing nothing wrong?

13 years ago I was stopped for allegedly running through a stop sign at about 8pm on a February night. I was bringing my kid back from basketball practice. I crept up to the intersection at a snail pace. Stopped for the person on my left and went through. A cop was 3 cars back, on the right, as I went through. About 4 blocks down, I stopped at another 4 way. Halfway down the block, police lights flash. I pull over so the cop can go by. He pulls behind me, comes to the car and accuses me of running the stop sign. I couldn't believe it. He gave me the ticket. I went to county court. Refused their plea bargain. I had to go to court again to argue my case before the judge. The cop showed up. I questioned him on the stand. He admitted he was 3 cars back, it was dark, the roads were icy, and I had crept up to the corner. He couldn't recall that there had been a car on my left that I stopped for. The judge ruled in my favor. Tried to appease the cop, but acknowledged there was reasonable doubt. The incident took nearly 3 hours out of my work time, all because the cop fabricated a bogus claim.

Does my life matter? Things happen, even to innocent people with no rap sheet. Let's stop looking at skin color and making excuses based on skin color. Until the left gives up its racism, this issue will never go away.
What a harrowing experience! Thanks for sharing. Thank god you kept your cool and avoided an escalation. Your son must have been very proud of you. 🥰

Blizzard

Reaction score

Butthead here thinks he's living in the most enlightened time in history. I would say you're in for a big surprise if that's your view.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
You specialize in twisting words. You are white. Your future son is black. Once your son is of driving age, you will get to test the validity of what we see and hear from all of these parents who worry about their black sons simply driving around town.

You seem VERY confident about it not being an issue for you now. I think that's extremely brazen. I'd love to circle back on this in 16-17 years and check in. Not that you'd ever actually admit you were any slight bit wrong though...
I'm not twisting your words, you are changing your words. These are your words: I guess you'll get to find out firsthand if there is anything to all these incidents that keep supporting the idea that blacks are many times treated differently when they're pulled over.

You clearly meant that I will now get to witness what it's like to see a black person pulled over. You are clearly implying I've never seen a black person pulled over by the cops. You're now twisting it to say "the stress of having a child pulled over".

As to your second point, I'm not very confident about anything when it comes to kids. Most parents worry about everything. I'm worried if I cut my daughter's fruit in small enough pieces. I'm simply being logical about it. Don't have a criminal record (you know, try to avoid pulling guns women). The interactions with police if you are high on drugs or a violent criminal offender will likely have a different tone. If you do interact with police, follow their orders and your chance of getting shot is virtually zero. Will I worry about my son? Sure. Absolutely. I'll likely be MUCH more worried about the driving around part than I am about the interactions with police.

Top Bottom