Ben talks to team thread.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
No lives matter. We are an infinitesimally small speck in an impossibly large universe. Your existence is as meaningless as a cool breeze on a dark morning on Neptune.

Your myopic, egotistical pronunciations about anyone mattering is a result of your smooth-brained fatuity.
Haha. This is true ...

scools12

Reaction score
How does one judge that exactly?

I guess, IMO, I don't spend a bunch of time worrying about a race of people getting "too loud" and coming to take away the privilege I've enjoyed my whole life.

So yeah, I sleep well at night.
Yet you’re worried about a profession of people and those who support the people in that profession for getting “too loud”, flying a flag and saying their lives matter too.

Good for you that all the virtue signaling lets you sleep well at night.

builtbadgers

Reaction score
No lives matter. We are an infinitesimally small speck in an impossibly large universe. Your existence is as meaningless as a cool breeze on a dark morning on Neptune.

Your myopic, egotistical pronunciations about anyone mattering is a result of your smooth-brained fatuity.
As Sagan said, a pale blue dot . A speck of dust suspended on a sun beam.

alchemy2u

Reaction score
You're right, you have a better understanding of them than I do.

Why would Blue Lives Matter bother anyone? You don't think cops lives matter?

It's almost like those words mean more than their plain meaning and everyone on the planet knows this.
Really?

The statement "Black Lives Matter" is to point out the problem of police using excessive force when dealing with black men. It has been happening for a long time, but is now getting increased attention because of videos catching officers in the act. And yes, not all officers do it. And yes, it does not only happen to blacks. But, there is a constant drum beat of black men dying at the hands of the police in situations where it could have been avoided. So "Black Lives Matter" is a slogan to draw attention to the problem and get peoples attention to find a solution.

And yes, we do have some more radical activists that have been giving the "slogan" a bad name by breaking the law, rioting and other crap. Those radical activists are being used by some to vilify the original purpose of the statement and delegitimize the issue.

Also, twisting the statement into "All Lives" or "Blue Lives" is another way of just distracting from the message. Of course every live is important and nobody wants police officers to die while doing a very difficult job. It is not mutually exclusive and treating it as such is just showing ignorance.

When people want to draw attention to the problem of domestic violence they may use the saying "Stop the Violence Against Women". It is used to draw attention to that specific issue, not that they are endorse violence against children or any other groups of people.

The point is to open your mind to see what could be the problem and try to understand what we can do to make this a better place to live. Trivializing or hiding from the issues do not solve anything.

WriterGoph

Reaction score
Yet you’re worried about a profession of people and those who support the people in that profession for getting “too loud”, flying a flag and saying their lives matter too.

Good for you that all the virtue signaling lets you sleep well at night.

Police have had the upper hand for decades. Shoot first and ask questions later. They definitely need a bunch of people to make sure they have even more rights and less chance of being held accountable.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
You dimwit. They PURPOSELY took a movement and statement that was gaining huge national traction and totally bastardized it to turn it against the people who have been oppressed for 150+ years. That's disrespectful AF. Plenty of other ways they could have gone if they wanted to support police.

They took a "movement". Hmmmm. . . kind of sounds political.

It really seems like you're saying that phrases like "Black Lives Matter" or "Blue Lives Matter" might stand for something more than the plain meaning of those phrases. Gotcha.

Thanks!

WriterGoph

Reaction score
They took a "movement". Hmmmm. . . kind of sounds political.

It really seems like you're saying that phrases like "Black Lives Matter" or "Blue Lives Matter" might stand for something more than the plain meaning of those phrases. Gotcha.

Thanks!

So since you have such an issue with Black Lives Matter, what conversation will you have with your son in the future about being black while driving?

Will that be something you address?

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Really?

The statement "Black Lives Matter" is to point out the problem of police using excessive force when dealing with black men. It has been happening for a long time, but is now getting increased attention because of videos catching officers in the act. And yes, not all officers do it. And yes, it does not only happen to blacks. But, there is a constant drum beat of black men dying at the hands of the police in situations where it could have been avoided. So "Black Lives Matter" is a slogan to draw attention to the problem and get peoples attention to find a solution.

And yes, we do have some more radical activists that have been giving the "slogan" a bad name by breaking the law, rioting and other crap. Those radical activists are being used by some to vilify the original purpose of the statement and delegitimize the issue.

Also, twisting the statement into "All Lives" or "Blue Lives" is another way of just distracting from the message. Of course every live is important and nobody wants police officers to die while doing a very difficult job. It is not mutually exclusive and treating it as such is just showing ignorance.

When people want to draw attention to the problem of domestic violence they may use the saying "Stop the Violence Against Women". It is used to draw attention to that specific issue, not that they are endorse violence against children or any other groups of people.

The point is to open your mind to see what could be the problem and try to understand what we can do to make this a better place to live. Trivializing or hiding from the issues do not solve anything.

You realize this is a political stance right?

Like you could actually think black people's lives matter and disagree with that statement.

You idiots are doing nothing but proving my point. The phrase "black lives matter" is a divisive political phrase. It's not simply saying that African American people deserve respect.

You two are so stupid that each of your responses does nothing except make the exact point that I was making.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
So since you have such an issue with Black Lives Matter, what conversation will you have with you son in the future about being black while driving?

Will that be something you address?
The same thing my dad told me.

If you have an interaction with police, it's "yes sir"/"no sir" and follow their orders to a T. If you happen to get arrested for something, don't say a word.

WriterGoph

Reaction score

Like you could actually think black people's lives matter and disagree with that statement.

You idiots are doing nothing but proving my point. The phrase "black lives matter" is a divisive political phrase. It's not simply saying that African American people deserve respect.

You two are so stupid that each of your responses does nothing except make the exact point that I was making.

No. It's not a political stance because by definition the police are not supposed to be a political function. The concept is to protect ALL races of people equally.

CPTMidnight

Reaction score
Do you not get that there has been an equality issue for centuries specifically for black people in this country? Is that hard for you to admit that?

If so, it explains everything. If not, then you understand why the STATEMENT "Black Lives Matter" is needed right now.
Plenty of black people and people of all races rejecting the "black lives matter" for "all lives matter". I said the topic is divisive. I believe you have proved my point here in this thread.

WriterGoph

Reaction score
The same thing my dad told me.

If you have an interaction with police, it's "yes sir"/"no sir" and follow their orders to a T. If you happen to get arrested for something, don't say a word.

Well, since you're white and you said your son is black, I guess you'll get to find out firsthand if there is anything to all these incidents that keep supporting the idea that blacks are many times treated differently when they're pulled over.

I mean, if you think it's all hogwash and only blacks "who deserve it" end up dead, then I guess you won't ever have to worry when your kid is out driving on his own.

Best of luck.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
No. It's not a political stance because by definition the police are not supposed to be a political function. The concept is to protect ALL races of people equally.

What? You think that makes something non-political? LOL. The temperature of the earth is apolitical. The various stances surrounding it make it a political issue.

Sure, yeah, we agree with each other. All people should be treated equally by the police.

WriterGoph

Reaction score
Plenty of black people and people of all races rejecting the "black lives matter" for "all lives matter". I said the topic is divisive. I believe you have proved my point here in this thread.

It's weird cause when I walk around my neighborhood, I don't see "All Lives Matter" signs in peoples' yards. Ever.

And I live in a predominantly white, Republican suburb. So where is that "rejecting" going on exactly? Ohhhh, behind closed doors and on anonymous message boards. Kinda like the KKK and their little hoods, yeah?

CPTMidnight

Reaction score
He sure had a way with words, didn't he? He was a remarkable man.
"But I tell you that men will give an account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned."

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Well, since you're white and you said your son is black, I guess you'll get to find out firsthand if there is anything to all these incidents that keep supporting the idea that blacks are many times treated differently when they're pulled over.

I mean, if you think it's all hogwash and only blacks "who deserve it" end up dead, then I guess you won't ever have to worry when your kid is out driving on his own.

Best of luck.

I'll never know firsthand, I'm not black. I do know that if my son follows my advice, the chance of him having these interactions go south is zero. It's like a once in a Justine Dymond sort of scenario.

This might shock you, but I've actually been in cars, multiple times, with black men who have been pulled over. LOL. Have any of you liberals ever been around a black person?

As to your second paragraph, please don't use quotes around something I never said. I never said Daunte Wright deserved to die. He absolutely did not. I said to compare his situation to every kid with a driver's license is toxic. Daunte Wright didn't deserve to die but he was a violent criminal who disobeyed a cop's order. For that, he didn't deserve to die. However, he made several choices in his life that put him into an exceedingly different position than just an AA kid with a license.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
It's weird cause when I walk around my neighborhood, I don't see "All Lives Matter" signs in peoples' yards. Ever.

And I live in a predominantly white, Republican suburb. So where is that "rejecting" going on exactly? Ohhhh, behind closed doors and on anonymous message boards. Kinda like the KKK and their little hoods, yeah?

Because their house would be severely vandalized. Seriously.

CPTMidnight

Reaction score
This might shock you, but I've actually been in cars, multiple times, with black men who have been pulled over. LOL. Have any of you liberals ever been around a black person?
After spending time in an infantry platoon as the only white guy, time in church, business dealings, friends, close buddies who were black. I am beginning to wonder if some of these people have ever interacted with people from another race. I am thinking not...

WriterGoph

Reaction score
Because their house would be severely vandalized. Seriously.

Disagree. Because the house with Blue Lives Matter flags are not touched and those would be viewed no differently by anybody willing to vandalize a house with an All Lives Matter sign.

alchemy2u

Reaction score

Wow. I have not met many people as thick headed.

The initial point is not divisive, it has been twisted by the spin doctors to distract from the initial message. You do not even know you are being manipulated.

alchemy2u

Reaction score
Disagree. Because the house with Blue Lives Matter flags are not touched and those would be viewed no differently by anybody willing to vandalize a house with an All Lives Matter sign.
You mean the same flags that were used to beat police officers at the capitol?

scools12

Reaction score

Any rejection of BLM is purely white supremacy / racism.

Took you a while but you got there. Well done 👍

WriterGoph

Reaction score
I'll never know firsthand, I'm not black. I do know that if my son follows my advice, the chance of him having these interactions go south is zero. It's like a once in a Justine Dymond sort of scenario.

As to your second paragraph, please don't use quotes around something I never said. I never said Daunte Wright deserved to die. He absolutely did not. I said to compare his situation to every kid with a driver's license is toxic. Daunte Wright didn't deserve to die but he was a violent criminal who disobeyed a cop's order. For that, he didn't deserve to die. However, he made several choices in his life that put him into an exceedingly different position than just an AA kid with a license.

Yep, you and CPT Midnight are the only people on this board who have spoken with a black person before. Congrats!

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score

You could be right. But I wouldn't test it. I also find political yard signs to be cringe as hell.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Yep, you and CPT Midnight are the only people on this board who have spoken with a black person before. Congrats!
Seems like it. You said that when my son grows up, I'll finally see what it's like to be around black people interacting with police. Maybe one of these days I'll get to see what the inside of a black person's house looks like!

WriterGoph

Reaction score
Any rejection of BLM is purely white supremacy / racism.

Took you a while but you got there. Well done 👍

Not what I said. But there are definitely a lot of similarities between anonymous posters on message boards and white guys in secret clubs who are scared to show their faces.

Most of them wouldn't repeat those same statements in public.

WriterGoph

Reaction score
Seems like it. You said that when my son grows up, I'll finally see what it's like to be around black people interacting with police. Maybe one of these days I'll get to see what the inside of a black person's house looks like!

You specialize in twisting words. You are white. Your future son is black. Once your son is of driving age, you will get to test the validity of what we see and hear from all of these parents who worry about their black sons simply driving around town.

You seem VERY confident about it not being an issue for you now. I think that's extremely brazen. I'd love to circle back on this in 16-17 years and check in. Not that you'd ever actually admit you were any slight bit wrong though...

Top Bottom