Ben Johnson makes it clear: Gophers will be all about ferocious defense; Johnson says Ihnen could be one of the best defenders in BT

Post was 8:30 this morning. I was at the game last night.
So the first thing you thought of this morning was I am going to dig up a thread from six months ago? You're a bigger loser than Ben's winning percentage

I get that Ben lost Ihnen, who I think can defend 3 positions and maybe Fox was a good defender as well. Not sure.

Other than the Ohio State game, I haven't seen anything bordering good defense this year. I think his idea to go to a zone with his reduced roster was a good one. I just never imagined that the zone would be played this poorly- the players are like statues in it. At this point, why not just go back to the man and let loose- play your fannies off and if we foul the whole team out- so be it. I would rather see us make the other team sweat for at least half the game. We are going to lose anyway. Let's at least go down fighting.

I get that Ben lost Ihnen, who I think can defend 3 positions and maybe Fox was a good defender as well. Not sure.

Other than the Ohio State game, I haven't seen anything bordering good defense this year. I think his idea to go to a zone with his reduced roster was a good one. I just never imagined that the zone would be played this poorly- the players are like statues in it. At this point, why not just go back to the man and let loose- play your fannies off and if we foul the whole team out- so be it. I would rather see us make the other team sweat for at least half the game. We are going to lose anyway. Let's at least go down fighting.
They are down to 8 guys which includes Ramberg, Thompson, and Samuels who should all probably be at the bottom of the playing minutes. They are paying a zone to minimise the risk of foul trouble, at this level exclusive use of a zone does not work. How do you think the defenses are going to look.

Top Bottom