Ben and Local Recruiting

Mulligan

Reaction score
From the Trib:

"He's really coming at me hard," Carrington said about Johnson. "He's really been trying to get to know me and my mom. He calls me and texts me at least four times a week. He's really engaged. It's nice because it's the hometown. It's nice to know they really want me."

carrington.jpg

RENÉE JONES SCHNEIDER • STAR TRIBUNE
Park Center guard Braeden Carrington, a top Gophers target, is following a successful legacy in AAU ball.
Watson-Saulsberry wowed onlookers with his soaring dunks this weekend, but he proved just as formidable shooting and protecting the rim. The prospect many recruiting analysts say has the most potential in the state's 2022 class nailed five threes in a game Saturday and blocked five shots in another game Sunday.

Watson-Saulsberry is starting to realize how good he can be, after coming off the bench at Minnehaha Academy his sophomore year before transferring.

"A year ago, I was not very confident in myself," he said. "I wasn't really as strong. Last year, I was 175, but now I'm almost 200 pounds. I've been working with my trainer for a year now. Focusing on getting stronger and eating better. I grew about an inch and a half."

Johnson appears to have a good relationship with Team Sizzle after prioritizing two of its best players this spring. Watson-Saulsberry likes the Gophers, because "they have new coaches who already believe in me."

"They were telling me they really like my game," he said. "They think it fits the style of play at Minnesota and the culture they're building there. They said my freshman year I could be a really big part of that."

The NCAA is allowing official visits again starting with the end of the dead period on June 1. Carrington and Watson-Saulsberry could be the first in-state targets to make trips to Minnesota's campus next month.

"Minnesota will probably be my first, but it will be an unofficial visit," Carrington said. "It's definitely a big point with all the coaches I talked to there, telling me as an incoming freshman I would most likely play."

"Minnesota will probably be my first, but it will be an unofficial visit," Carrington said. "It's definitely a big point with all the coaches I talked to there, telling me as an incoming freshman I would most likely play."

Seal that deal, Ben.

Really intriguing, need to build a great relationship before the others get their hands on them

Top Bottom