Bellotti considering a return to sideline; says he has discussed HC with Colorado

BleedGopher

Reaction score
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1155134

"I have seen the 'I' dotted at Ohio State this year. I have been to some great places: Chapel Hill, Clemson, Minnesota, Kansas State. It has been great.

"But for me to come back, it would have to be the right job. I just have to make the decision if it's something I want to be a part of again. Do I think a place has the infrastructure and foundation to win? Does the job offer the chance, legitimately, to be successful in three to four years? What is your staff going to be like? Can you keep them? Can you recruit those areas? And what does my family think? Those are the things I think about."

Go Gophers!!

Rephrasing the quote we get these questions:
1. Does Minnesota have the infrastructure and foundation to win?
2. Does the Minnesota job offer the chance, legitimately, to be successful in 3-4 years?
3. At Minnesota, what will my staff be like and can I (afford) to keep them?
4. Can you recruit the kind of players I will need to Minnesota?
These are questions ANY good coach is going to ask.
We think we know the answers to these questions, but do we? Candidates often view things from a different perspective than we do.
(IMO, I would bet we've also contacted him, but since we're not using a "public" process like Colorado, anyone can deny it and no one knows the difference.).
GO GOPHERS!

A-List that is considering

Hey, he hasn't objected. He is an A-list hire that needs some encouragement. We don't strike out on any of his concerns. He must be the secret top guy on Maturi's list. Hope it is true.

My chili just went fusion hot -- Tex/Mex Szechuan! Bad reference. My bad.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ihyYbcXpdhw?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ihyYbcXpdhw?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Figure I may as well be the first to post this video of the next Gophers HC since Colorado is likely to offer him a wage of something like $23.75/ hour + OT.

If Belloti understands

... the money situation at the U and CO, he may speak with them first; but, he will listen to Minnesota as well because of the $$$. It may be that he and others will delay decisions to accept positions until Minnesota pipes up and interviews. We will know if we are in play for a big name if Colorado hires first and the better coaches names remain available. He has already mentioned Minnesota in the same breath as many good schools. I am hopeful that he has put his name in the ring and we have not disclosed our candidate list. Gives me hope. None delusional hope.

Top Bottom