Beer garden at Stub and Herbs

Nice Find, Thanks.

I could go for a Coffee Bender right now. Another thing to consider if tailgating is that bottles are not allowed and Surly is canned. Might be a little expensive to drink ten of them but a four pack would be nice to have. Anyone know of any other good canned beers that can be bought locally?
I can think of a few.

Not a big fan of the Premium, wife loves it. I prefer mostly ales.

Wait, no bottles? If there are no bottles and no kegs, that means crappy beer in my mind. That's going to suck. I wonder how closely they'll enforce the bottle thing.

I could go for a Coffee Bender right now. Another thing to consider if tailgating is that bottles are not allowed and Surly is canned. Might be a little expensive to drink ten of them but a four pack would be nice to have. Anyone know of any other good canned beers that can be bought locally?
I can think of a few.

There are a number of canned imports I can think of that are very good beers (Newcastle, Tecate, Boddingtons or even Guiness).

As much as I love Surley and their whole concept, it doesn't strike me as a tailgating beer. I could see starting the day with an oil can of Fosters and moving to something like MGD after that to wash down the tailgating menu. Maybe a single Surley in place of the Fosters, but I don't think I would like to make it the primary beer for the day. That would be like doing shots of 12 year old scotch.

Wait, no bottles? If there are no bottles and no kegs, that means crappy beer in my mind. That's going to suck. I wonder how closely they'll enforce the bottle thing.

No inside information here, but I'm guessing that if you have a cooler full of bottles, but are pouring each beer into a plastic cup and stashing the bottle right back into the cooler or a trash bag, I imagine you won't have any problems. If you're walking around with a glass bottle or your empties are just sitting out, I think that would be a different story.

Can you imagine how much broken glass there would be in the parking lots if they did allow it?

Stubs Beer Garden

In a previous post, I think somebody said Sturbs may have a pre-game Surly beer garden. Not sure if that was sincere, but this was a cool story on Kare11 news tonight. Click on the video on the right:

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=698424&catid=2

Surly has recently purchased a tap trailer and will be the exclusive draft beer in our (stub and herbs) parking lot. We will also be offering Mich golden light in plastic bottle for beer. Monster Energy will be teaming up with a liq company to offer monster/vodka drinks and bloody mary's.

If they wanted to enforce it

they would check coolers on the way into the lot. Highly doubt that would happen. Agree HopHead on your Surly beer take. Yeah, they will allow plastic. Actually, I'm going to make a few home brews and will use plastic bottles.

Surly has recently purchased a tap trailer and will be the exclusive draft beer in our (stub and herbs) parking lot. We will also be offering Mich golden light in plastic bottle for beer. Monster Energy will be teaming up with a liq company to offer monster/vodka drinks and bloody mary's.

Sweet.

Can you imagine how much broken glass there would be in the parking lots if they did allow it?

Sort of like the tailgating lots the last few years, which don't strike me as being all that bad.

I've been drinking from glass bottles while tailgaiting for years now. Granted, I'm a responsible human being who not only puts the empties back in my cooler but also brings bags for other garbage (I can't stand litter!).

No inside information here, but I'm guessing that if you have a cooler full of bottles, but are pouring each beer into a plastic cup and stashing the bottle right back into the cooler or a trash bag, I imagine you won't have any problems. If you're walking around with a glass bottle or your empties are just sitting out, I think that would be a different story.

This is a good approach and one that I'll probably be employing. I recognize that there are good beers sold in cans, but aside from at slow pitch softball games, I don't like the taste of beer as much when drinking from a can. Just a preference.

I can hardly wait.

How many different varieties of Surly will be available?

LAgopher

Can you also serve Grain Belt in plastic bottles outside? It's a MN beer and we need to support MN beer at the MN game!

At the Liquor store today saw a

few more good canned beers. Moose Drool and Youngs Double Chocolate Stout we're a couple that got my attention.

Mich Golden Light in plastic bottles.. SWEET!!!!

just kidding.

As an avid tailgater I've made a conscious decision to eliminate glass from the gameday experience. When you have 20-30 people in your group you try to make it idiot proof.

LAgopher - Dig the Surly tap truck. Should shape up to be a great pre-game event. A solid up-and-coming local beer who gets extra publicity and you get a lot of satisfied customers. Not sure which end came up with the idea, but kudos to whoever did.

Top Bottom