Becky losing streaks

Reaction score
BTN showed the other long B10 losing streaks. I think I got the numbers right, but have not double checked.

IU over UW 1980 - 1996 (31 game streak)
Purdue over UW 1978 - 1992 (26 game streak)

Was Becky really getting double-pounded that hard?

BTN showed the other long B10 losing streaks. I think I got the numbers right, but have not double checked.

IU over UW 1980 - 1996 (31 game streak)
Purdue over UW 1978 - 1992 (26 game streak)

Yes. Prior to making the tourney in 1997, Becky had not been to the tournament since 1946.

Yes. Prior to making the tourney in 1997, Becky had not been to the tournament since 1946.
They used to be worse than Northwestern.
That's why it's just laughable how the Wisky fans think they are God's gift to basketball, and we are lucky to be on the floor with them.

They fail to realize that they have been a cellar-dweller in the Big 10 for the majority of the past 50 years; flyover territory for the real basketball powerhouses in the Big 10.

That's why it's just laughable how the Wisky fans think they are God's gift to basketball, and we are lucky to be on the floor with them.

They fail to realize that they have been a cellar-dweller in the Big 10 for the majority of the past 50 years; flyover territory for the real basketball powerhouses in the Big 10.

I don't want to defend our Rose bowl futility but looking at Becky's tournament futility from 1946-1997 makes our RB absence look a lot better. For a lot of that time period just finishing in the top half of the conference would have drawn a tournament invitation.

Bad Wisky memories

Remember when they beat us on an IN-BOUND ALLEY-OOP AS TIME EXPIRED the year we went to the Elite 8!!????????!!!!??????????

Amazing! Dude threw is down right on Shikenjanski's head as the buzzer went off!!

Steve Yoder...

that is all you need to know!

Advocate for the Devil

If Wisconsin remains competitive in Basketball, we will continue to have a healthy rivalry. IMO, more good Big Ten teams is not a bad thing. (There will always be a few teams that are down and out that everyone can beat up on.)

As I was growing up, I always heard about those horrible, horrible fans from Iowa that filled our arenas and cheered louder than we did. Now, I think the focus has shifted in the past decade (at least for me) to a rivalry with Wisconsin.

The basketball program at Wisconsin has been performing at a high level and Iowa, with the exception of a couple years with Alford, is experiencing a bit of a downturn in fan excitement and participation.

I can't imagine the win @ Wisconsin would have been as sweet as it was if we had been killing them for years and years.

Top Bottom