Becky at Purdue....could this be a trap game?

Reaction score
Your thoughts. Don't see Becky having a problem at home with Illinois. Purdue might be a different story. Yes they've a horrible defense, but they've scored at will on everyone. Reading the Black and Gold site Purdue gets a couple of key players back this week. Becky's offense is about as interesting as watching two old women knit. Purdue's bowl game will be the Old Oak Bucket
against Indiana. Still, if Becky comes in soft after an easy win against Illinois , this might be a fun game to watch. Just saying......

WI could field just the Defensive 11 on both sides of the ball and win this one.

Wisconsin has given up over 20 points once this season and that was against Ohio State. Going to go out on a limb and say they will probably be able to contain Purdue but stranger things have happened. Wisconsin's offense has been nothing to write how about this season but their defense has been off the charts and they have done it against an insanely tough schedule. As good as Purdue's offense has been if you use Michigan as a comparison, they have been held under 30 once all year (Michigan State was the only other team to keep them under 40) and that was against Wisconsin when they were held to 14.

I think Wisconsin has more trouble vs spread it out passing offenses but that might be my imagination and a small sample size of games watched. Really tough to run on them. So I'm saying Purdue might have a chance...

No chance. Purdue is in the midst of the worst era in program history. They are historically bad for any Big Ten program....ever. They made the worst hire in D-I history in Hazzell and it will set them back even further. I mean Danny Hope beat Ohio State twice and Michigan once in his 4 years and went to 2 bowl games. They have just 5 wins vs. FBS teams since. They have also lost 4 straight to Minnesota and 3 straight to Indiana. They may not cross midfield vs. Wiscsonsin. The Badgers are going to coast to the Big Ten title game.

It seems like the gap between the good and bad teams (the handful of great teams aside) is narrowing fast in CFB. Purdue isn't pure garbage like folks like to say they are, but it is still a long shot at being a trap game. Aside from Northwestern Wisconsin doesn't seem to typically fall into trap games.

Your thoughts. Don't see Becky having a problem at home with Illinois. Purdue might be a different story. Yes they've a horrible defense, but they've scored at will on everyone. Reading the Black and Gold site Purdue gets a couple of key players back this week. Becky's offense is about as interesting as watching two old women knit. Purdue's bowl game will be the Old Oak Bucket
against Indiana. Still, if Becky comes in soft after an easy win against Illinois , this might be a fun game to watch. Just saying......

I agree. Let's not forgot Purdue somehow back Nebraska in recent memory. Purdue has a very capable offense and is playing quite well in the last few weeks.

Instead of a 2% chance of winning, I say Purdue has about a 20% chance.

I think UW should have no problem with Illinois or Purdue which should set up a pretty big game with the Gophers to end the regular season.

The defense has dealt with injuries all season but continues to produce at an elite level. This is a pretty mentally strong unit so I don't see them overlooking Illinois or Purdue. The offense has had a tough season. The line has struggled with injuries and hasn't had a chance to settle on a starting 5 all year it seems. Both QBs leave a bit to be desired but the FR should end up being a good one. The running game seems to be getting better and should have breakouts these next two games.

This years Gopher-Badger game should be a good one. Weak schedule or not, Gophers are 4th in scoring offense and 6th in scoring defense. They are a solid team. What I do find interesting is while they are 4th in scoring offense, they are only 9th in total offense. This would suggest capitalizing on turnovers and short fields which I think has been true this season. The Gophs are +12 in turnover margin, leading the B10. If UW doesn't turn the ball over I think the defense can stop the gopher offense and the Badgers can score enough points to get the win. But I do think it will be a pretty good game.

ruppie obsessing about wisconsin? could this be a trap?

Don't you like to trot out the line that you don't start threads about wisconsin and only respond to posts about them? Yeah...right.

Wisconsin's defense has been otherworldly and Purdue's offense frankly isn't that good, despite the fact they throw it all over the field (7 vs Maryland? 14 vs Nebraska? 20 vs Cincinnati?). Wisconsin by 3+ scores.

ruppie obsessing about wisconsin? could this be a trap?

Don't you like to trot out the line that you don't start threads about wisconsin and only respond to posts about them? Yeah...right.

You know UR,just go fu-k yourself. I just asked a plain,.simple question on how this is all going to pan out in the grand scheme of things. You never challenge anyone else who topics Wisconsin You've have this vendetta against me for some reason. I started the topic: "Your thoughts" This is not a rant against Wisconsin. You want to challenge me? Come up to Ely and do it face to face. Don't hide behind you computer. And really UR, if you see me topic something
don't waste everyone's time being irrelevant to the topic. Ease your pain.

Northwestern was their trap game...and the Gophs of course!

You know UR,just go fu-k yourself. I just asked a plane, simple question on how this is all going to pan out in the grand scheme of things. You never challenge anyone else who topics Wisconsin You've have this vendetta against me for some reason. I started the topic: "Your thoughts" This is not a rant against Wisconsin. You want to challenge me? Come up to Ely and do it face to face. Don't hide behind you computer. And really UR, if you see me topic something
don't waste everyone's time being irrelevant to the topic. Ease your pain.

What did it say?

Wisconsin's offense is sneaky good. Good run game, and they have just enough in the passing game to complement. Their TE is really solid, man we miss Lingen.

To answer the question.....NO. thier defense may score more point than Purdue's offense.

I can only see Purdue having a chance if Wisconsin has at least 2 key turnovers that lead to touchdowns. Purdue can't turn the ball over either - which I think they've done a lot of this year.

Top Bottom