Beckett Hendrickson follows father Darby's path, commits to Gophers men's hockey team

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per STrib:

The Gophers men's hockey team received its second verbal commitment of the week on Friday when Beckett Hendrickson announced on Twitter than he'll join coach Bob Motzko's program.

Hendrickson, a 6-1, 168-pound left winger, follows the path of his father, Darby, who played two years for the Gophers in the early 1990s before going on to a 10-year NHL career, including four with the Wild. Beckett, 17, spent the 2021-22 season with the U.S. National Team Development program in Plymouth, Mich. He had 12 goals and eight assists in 52 games for the Under-17 U.S. National Team and seven goals and four assists in 25 games with the program's junior team.

Go Gophers!!

He's doing a great job keeping the metro kids.

Hendrickson was a bantams teammate with Whipple.
He's doing a great job keeping the Minnetonka kids (where he lives). The Don Lucia end of career approach.

Javon Moore committed. Three commitments, three Minnetonka kids...

The big fish is still out there: Danny Nelson.

He's doing a great job keeping the Minnetonka kids (where he lives). The Don Lucia end of career approach.

Javon Moore committed. Three commitments, three Minnetonka kids...

The big fish is still out there: Danny Nelson.
If they can play then I don't care where they come from. Another good get.

Three biggest fish in this recruiting window:
1. Macklin Celebrini - BU - Best in North America
2. Cole Eiserman - Best US Born
3. Danny Nelson - Best Minnesotan

Looks like Eiserman is down to BU and the U... That would be an insane steal from BU.

Looks like Eiserman is down to BU and the U... That would be an insane steal from BU.
Pulling an elite kid from Boston would be a bigger coup than Cooley IMO. Have we ever pulled a top kid from Boston.

Pulling an elite kid from Boston would be a bigger coup than Cooley IMO. Have we ever pulled a top kid from Boston.
The big thing for me would be the importance of getting Cooley. It can start the flow of a number of similar prospects.

Some people got wary of those top 10 pick types but I've always said you take as many of them as are willing to come. Period.

The big thing for me would be the importance of getting Cooley. It can start the flow of a number of similar prospects.

Some people got wary of those top 10 pick types but I've always said you take as many of them as are willing to come. Period.
Agreed, the idea that we should ever turn down a first round talent is hilarious to me. I remember someone on GPL making a comment that we need more Sorensons and fewer Cooleys. I think that's absurd.

Either way I'm just thrilled Bob is getting the talent level back up to M standards.

agreed. it's a ridiculously silly take to say avoid them as you're never going to land so dang many of them the entire roster is turning over.

Nelson to Notre Dame with his brother.

After missing on Nelson, Bob gets another one from close to his new backyard in EP's Teddy Townsend.

Still need quite a few bodies on F and D (and probably a G) for next year (these commits are for 2024), so really curious how the staff attacks that.

Top Bottom