Beau Allen talks recruiting

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per BadgerNation.com:

MINNETONKA, Minn. - Junior nose guard Beau Allen has focused his entire offseason on improving himself and his football team for his senior year. Not pleased with the way his junior season ended, Allen is focused on making sure an early exit in the playoff doesn’t happen in his final year.
“Individually the season went well for me but as a team we were defeated in the second round by a team we beat twice during the regular season.” said Allen.

During the off-season, Allen has been working hard and focusing on making himself better physically and mentally. He’s been studying film along with a rigorous work out schedule and playing rugby for the first time.

Allen is still getting offers from several schools on to the ones he already has which include Big Ten schools such as Minnesota, Iowa and Wisconsin along with prominent programs in Nebraska, Stanford and Notre Dame.

On Saturday, Allen attended his second junior day at Wisconsin, watching the football work during their winter workouts and getting a full tour of Camp Randall and the campus, talking to coaches and having a film session.

“I thought the visit went really well,” Allen said. “Watching the team work out and compete was something really unique and it really motivated all the players.”

Allen’s statistics speak for themselves and the most notable statistic being that last season alone, he achieved a total 51 tackles with 11 of those tackles were for a loss. Of all the offers that Allen has on the table, he clearly is keeping his options open and doesn’t have a clear favorite yet.

“I don’t have any favorites yet, any one of these schools is a good choice for me,” he said. “They all have good football and academic programs that offer great opportunities on and off the field.”

Allen feels that he can contribute to a team with his leadership skills and making game-changing plans when they are needed. He will take care of business on the field and will be there for his teammates off the field for any reason. Allen has already attended Minnesota’s and Notre Dame’s Junior Days.

Allen right now has his mind focused on one thing and that’s getting his team to the State Championship next season. In the back of his mind, he’s still weighing his options on which school will get a talented player such as Allen.

“As the team captain I have my mind set on improving the team and getting ready for next season,” said Allen.

Allen plans to declare for a school at the end of his senior football season next November or December.

Go Gophers!!

I fear Allen may have Mobley and McNeal syndrome. Get a little love from the Notre Dames of the world and Minnesota all of a sudden can't compete with the star power. I hope I'm wrong about this because I would love to have him at the U.

Maybe, but Becky just signed 5 defensive linemen, so the class ahead of him in cheeseland might be crowded.

I don't think he's going to Becky either. I get the 'big time' vibe from him. Not a knock or anything but I just feel like he'll end up at a higher profile program, and despite what Becky wants to believe, they're not a high profile program. Successful sure but not high profile

Brew has said that the DL is the most difficult position to recruit. This will be a good test of his ability to keep a top defensive lineman at home.

Allen may or may not stay here. We already have two of the top 5 Minnesota kids committed and if we get Henderson it will be a great in-state recruiting year regardless of what Tobi and Allen do. There will be a few more Minnesota offers at the June camp, so this could turn out to be one of the better Minnesota in-state recruiting classes. Keep up the good work Brew Crew:clap:

I agree. If we were to sign Gjere, Edwards, and Henderson I would be more than happy with that. Not to say I don't want all of these guys.

I love all the people saying they would be content signing probably the #1 prospect in the nation....

What I am saying is even if we sign Edward, Gjere and Henderson, you know fat pat will piss and moan about Allen and Tobi going somewhere else. I want them all, but these three would be a great piece to the puzzle. And it's not that Henderson might be the #1 player in the country, it's because he will be the #1 player in the State of Minnesota. #1 in the country is just a bonus.

Top Bottom