Beal out for saturday

calminnfan

Reaction score
Knee problems...numerous tweets confirm
Bummer...looking forward to seeing him on the field.

Campion and Hill as well

one of a number of tweeters

chipscoggins chipscoggins
Linebacker Brendan Beal (knee), offensive Lineman Josh Campion (head) and linebacker Aaron Hill (hamstring) are out.

Darn. I was also looking forward to seeing him. Wonder how bad it is ...

That is a tough blow, I wonder if its the knee he had problems with before?

I thought Rallis was out. Strange Beal is out now too. Hmm. Who is starting at linebacker than?

Last I heard Rallis is playing. I think that was yesterday someone said that.

Starting LB's are Tinsley, Rallis and Cooper. Beal would have been rotated in quite often but was not the starter, I remember him saying how he was excited to play his first game at USC, hope its not too serious.

I think the next man up at Middle linebacker is Ryan Grant.

Man this has to be a downer for Mr. Beal. Lets hope its just a tweak and nothing serious.

Such a shame. Go through spring ball and fall camp healthy, just to be hurt 2 days before kickoff.

Word is it's a serious one (ACL), let's hope the info is wrong. Man what a shame after what he's been through. Did he have 2 knee surgeries at FL, or just 1?

Poor kid. Reminds me of John Leverenz back in the late 80s. Great talent who can't catch a break.

I was just thinking that things were going too well injury-wise. This is probably my fault. What horrible news.

FUUU.png

if true, that really does suck for the young man and for the team. do we know if it was via contact or did it happen during a plant/cut type of scenario?

Does anyone know for sure? Sources?? I can see Kill holding off on announcing the severity until after the USC game.

same knee from what he previously torn in Florida? someone post a link pls.

I'm sure there are restrictions as to how this kind of information is communicated. I would bet that a couple of those who have already posted and maybe a few more who have read this thread are in the know but can't divulge any more information just yet.

My gut tells me that this is no joke. I hope it's not true. I was really looking forward to watching Beal "pop" a couple of the SC backs tomorrow and watching his development this year.

Top Bottom