BCS

alpinegopher

Reaction score
Bad news for Texas today, got passed by OU. Anyone think Texas could still make the title game? Chances are slim but they are still ahead of Florida. Would need a sloppy win by FLA over ALA next weekend. FLA would probably jump them but it is UT's only shot barring a Mizzuo miracle.

Over/Under on times Mack Brown will be on espn radio/tv this week: 17.5

Why is any one interested in the BCS

Its BS. And you need computers, coaches, and writers to come up with some number that justifies the best audience. Alabama is the only team with a true claim to number 1. After that you tell me Oklahoma could beat Florida? or USC? Heck, Penn State. This screams for a playoff or an and one game. It looks like USC v Penn State. And Alabama has a playoff game with Florida. Oklahoma get the winner, and the winners of those two games plays in the National Championship game the week between the end of the NFL playoffs and Super Bowl. Its all there for the taking.

I don't even pay attention. It means so little. We need a tourney.

Choosing to use the BCS standings a tiebreaker scenario is an absolute joke of a decision by the Big 12 conference. So Texas can take that up with them.

As for the BCS standings, I don't have a huge problem with Oklahoma being rated higher. The Sooners had the good fortune of having the current #11 and #13 ranked teams in their NON-CONFERENCE schedule, Cincinnati and TCU. That gives them an unreal schedule strength, having also gone up against #3, #7, #14. Meanwhile, Texas' non conference teams were Florida Atlantic, UTEP, Rice and Arkansas. The Razorbacks were the best team, and they had a very down year.

Wouldn't it be nice if the Big 12 could put Texas and Oklahoma in the Big 12 Championship?

New rule: In the case of a three way tie in one division, the two most highly rated teams (according to the BCS) in the entire conference will play in the conference Championship.

You can argue for USC or Penn State getting a shot but at least it would be the top 4 teams playing in a semifinal to get in to the championship. Adding a plus one with the Rose Bowl would be the only thing better.

The SEC and ACC use the BCS standings basically to eliminate the 3rd team from the tie.

Then if the remaining 2 teams are within 5 spots in the BCS standings, then head-to-head is used. Under that system, Texas goes to the Big XII Championship game.

BCS standings as a tie-breaker is unfair - should be head-to-head. A "one-plus" playoff would be great this year. Top four teams matched in bowls, then the two winners meet 10 days later for the title. Texas is being robbed...

As for this year's NC game the winner of the 'Bama-Florida game is in for sure. Now if Oklahoma beats Mizzou the Sooners are in the NC game(that pains me after being robbed by them in basketball on Friday). Now if Mizzou beats OU, it gets tricky. Multiple teams have good cases to make(sorry OU you are out-if you're gonna lose, lose early and you just lost)
1. Texas-Hey we beat OU, Hook-Em Horns
2. Texas Tech-Hey we beat Texas who beat OU, nevermind the fact that we lost to OU because I'm a pirate argggg. Guns Up
3. USC-Look so what if we lost to Oregon State and the Pac-10 sucks. We beat Ohio State(you're welcome America, now you don't have to watch OSU be killed, what would this be time #3) then we had a let-down against Oregon State, and come on they ran the table to until they hit the Ducks. Fight On
4. Utah-Is anyone paying attention to us we haven't lost, hello, hello?
5. Penn State-(Insert JoePa mumbling hear)WE ARE...
6. Bosie State-We are also haven't lost, and we have a proven track record. Hell, we will sweeten the deal and garentee another proposal between the head cheer leader and the starting QB this time.
7. Ohio State-3rd times the charm right? O-H
8. Norte Dame-Come on we are ND.

My guess is Texas wins in this case(now bitch Mack Brown) although I would go with USC.

My solution to the BSC issue is that you play all your BSC bowl games minus the NC game. Then you take the team in BSC Bowls and rank them once more top 2 play in the National Championship game 2 week later.

All the BCS conferences should have a conference championship

I know not having a conference championship game gives the Big Ten and the Pac-10 an advantage over the other BCS conference by having to play one less tough game in the regular season and possibly ruin your BCS standings but I would love to see the Big 10 and Pac-10 add a conference championship game.

Top Bottom