BCS Season-Tix Prices/Avg Per Game (July 11 update)

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
With preferred seating coming to the U in 2012-13, starting a thread about season-ticket prices at other BCS schools. Will update every Monday as I come across other schools' season-ticket packages. Prices DO NOT include any preferred/priority seating fees.

I'm using the highest per-game ticket prices, dividing the season-ticket cost by the number of home games in the season-ticket package, including exhibitions.

Per-Game Ticket Averages of Highest Priced Tickets (some schools like the U have same price for all seats)
(1) Kansas -- 19 games @ $66.05
(2) Miami-Florida -- 17 games @ $58.53
(3) K-State -- 16 games @ $40.31
(4) Wake Forest -- 18 games at $35
(5) UCLA -- 19 games @ $33.68
(6) Texas -- 18 games @ $33.33
(7) Minnesota -- 21 games @ $31.43
(8) Seton Hall -- 17 games @ $30.11

Season-Ticket Cost (regardless of # of games)
(1) Kansas $1,255
(2) Miami-Florida $995
(3) Minnesota $660
(4) K-State $645
(5) UCLA $640
(6) Wake Forest $630
(7) Texas $600
(8) Seton Hall $512

Wow. That Miami $$ is shocking. And they wonder why their 7,000-seat arena is half-full. Yikes. If you're willing to spend that kind of money, you may as well go see LaBron and D-Wade.

Wow. That Miami $$ is shocking. And they wonder why their 7,000-seat arena is half-full. Yikes. If you're willing to spend that kind of money, you may as well go see LaBron and D-Wade.

Miami's ticket structure underscores how it can be very misleading to base a comparative analysis solely on a team's highest ticket price. The vast majority of tickets in Miami's arena are priced at substantially less than the most expensive ($995) that is cited; most tickets are $329 or less including a fairly large number available at $99.

Ticket pricing at Williams Arena, on the other hand, is a one-price-fits-all situation where all tickets are priced the same no matter where the seats are located (excluding the premiums paid since 1993 for those sitting in the lower deck center court area). If the criteria were average ticket price instead of highest ticket price, Minnesota would rank among the highest.

Excellent point Southpaw. For clarity I have changed it to "Per-Game Ticket Prices of Highest Priced Tickets".

What I'm finding out so far is the U's same-price-for-all (excluding premium seating costs) has been a good bargain for those with good seats at Williams Arena, not such a good deal for those with mediocre-to-nosebleed seats..

Miami's ticket structure underscores how it can be very misleading to base a comparative analysis solely on a team's highest ticket price. The vast majority of tickets in Miami's arena are priced at substantially less than the most expensive ($995) that is cited; most tickets are $329 or less including a fairly large number available at $99.

Ticket pricing at Williams Arena, on the other hand, is a one-price-fits-all situation where all tickets are priced the same no matter where the seats are located (excluding the premiums paid since 1993 for those sitting in the lower deck center court area). If the criteria were average ticket price instead of highest ticket price, Minnesota would rank among the highest.

Good point. I was under the impression that was the average, I didn't read close enough. It's still surprising that Miami would go that high, but clearly they have other issues causing their attendance woes.

Top Bottom