BB on Trestman

Reaction score
Edit: I was going to post this earlier, then work interfered. By the time I hit the "submit new thread" button there was already another one started. Sorry for the duplicate. I've copied my post into that thread, so if the mods want to delete this one its OK by me.

Prexy B had an interview with Marcus Fuller published in the StPPP this morning. Very similar to the interview he had in the Trib a few days ago. His response to one question on Trestman jumped out at me (with comments):

Q: Are there some hard feelings by Trestman because the process didn't go as well he thought it would with the job in 2007?

A: I don't know. I don't think there should be any hard feelings.

MAYBE THERE WAS A GOOD REASON TRESTMAN WASN'T HIRED 4 YEARS AGO?

Maybe some of Marc's friends took it a little hard.

I GUESS BRUININKS DOES HAVE TO SUCK UP TO THE BOOSTER CROWD A LITTLE BIT

Certainly there's respect for Marc Trestman and what he's accomplished in his career. He seems to be doing very well in Canada at the present time.

AND WELL INTO THE FUTURE

I suspect he'll be in the mix and he'll be considered.

IN OTHER WORDS, STFU ABOUT TRESTMAN

But we're going to look for candidates who are going to be on everybody's "A" list for a college or university appointment.

THE KEY WORD IN THAT SENTENCE IS "BUT". IN OTHER WORDS TRESTMAN DOESN'T HAVE TO GIVE UP DRINKING LABATTS. PREXY B WENT ON TO SAY "BESIDES, MARC LOOKS LIKE A PERV. I WOULDN'T HIRE HIM TO BABYSIT MY GRANDKIDS", BUT THE StPPP LAWYERS MADE MARCUS STRIKE THAT PART

Whether they come out of the college or pro ranks, we will definitely want to have somebody with college and university experience as the head football coach.

"HOLY GAPING HOLE IN THE TRESTMAN RESUME, BATMAN!"

My guess is we'll lean toward those who have been successful head coaches.

AS OPPOSED TO GUYS WHO HAVE BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL HEAD COACHES? I GUESS McCARNEY DOESN'T NEED TO BE WAITING BY THE PHONE, EITHER

But we're not ruling out the possibilities of coordinators in excellent programs. That would certainly be the second place we would look.

RBtL, IF THEY START BRINGING IN GUYS LIKE VENABLE, TREADWELL, OR APPLEWHITE, THAT MEANS THE GOLDEN, PATTERSON, PETERSON, CALHOUN, ET AL ALL SAID THANKS BUT NO THANKS.

Also RBtL, I don't see Lesley Frazier getting much consideration, unless its just a courtesy interview to keep Dungy and local boosters/media happy. As for Trestman, it wouldn't be worth the airfare to bring him in for a courtesy interview just so some downtown MPLS booster doesn't get his boxers knotted up. The last time we let those clowns call the shots we spent a quarter century in the dome

Top Bottom