Baylor and Lady Gophers. Anybody catch the game?

Reaction score
I thought it would be a runaway,which it was. Really wanted to see Griner dunk during the game ( she didn't) They did show warmups of her and she easily stuffed the ball a couple of times. The Lady Gophers really lack quickness. Very slow to the ball and don't get off their feet well. Burford and Banham are their two best players,but their shooting is so inconsistent. I thought Baylor could've named the score and Melkey didn't apply the defensive pressure in the second half versus the first half. Only 3,800 attended the game.

Was Reusse there? Could have bemoaned about the days when Whalen played>

sad

I was one of the 3800 people in attendance. There were so few people in the area of Williams Arena before the game we wondered when parking the car if for some reason that we were unaware of the game was canceled. We were playing the number one team in the country.

Banham is clearly the only player and she made far too many mental mistakes resulting in turnovers. Buford is clearly second best on the Gophers but that is by default. We have nothing but role players without any possibility of an emerging talent.

Even more distressing than Sunday was Saturday. The Gopher recruits were on display at Hopkins. There is absolutely no help coming in those four girls.

Women’s basketball at Minnesota has reverted to non-revenue, irrelevant sport the equal of swimming or rowing. Borton has driven it into the ground. From the Final Four and filling Williams Arena to "who cares" in 5 short years.

Pam Borton is a mess on many levels. It makes me sick to have the U pay her for her complete incompetence. And she will stay for a while because she has strong political correct support of the L crowd at the U.

Top Bottom