Barrington Morris soft verbal...

I couldn't resist saying this because it finally came to me, but you are definitely the pantherhawk of the gopher fan base.

You might have had a slight argument up to here, but you just threw any capitol you had away with this post. Just cause you don't want to argue with him, where he is making accurate points you call him Pantherhawk like. That's special.....

:D Nice.

From reading some of Barrington's tweets, it seems like his soft verbal is more a case of wanting to be sure he has made the right decision. Or rather, simply being nervous right after making a big decision and hoping you didn't make the wrong decision. It is of course a major decision in a young person's life. Though I agree in principle with what you are saying here.

+1
Good point...didn't consider this

I couldn't resist saying this because it finally came to me, but you are definitely the pantherhawk of the gopher fan base.

lol, you have made bunk points all thread. We won't recruit the best players in the nation after a 3-9 season. Someday? Maybe, but I have not sen anything wrong with this offer list or many of the other players we have recruited. Keep in mind, some of those other BCS offers are from teams which have been more successful in the past several years. You should probably head over to their boards to tell them they are recruiting poorly.

People here seem to get their undies in a bundle if a recruit doesn't have a lot of stars or the "right" offers. It is interesting to note that in the depth chart for the USC game the following 2011 recruits were recruited by Kill and Company:
  • Malcolm Moulton
  • John Rabe
  • Marcus Jones
  • Drew Goodger
  • Foster Bush
  • Ge'Shun Harris
  • Michael Amaefula
  • Cedric Thompson
  • Derrik Wells
  • Grayson Levine
  • K. Hawthorne

By being included on this list these players could make a contribution this year. Not a bad first class from a guy that didn't have a lot of time. In addition, there are three other 2012 recruits that were recruited before Kill arrived that are expected to make a contribution this year. They are Shortell, Devin Crawford-Tufts, Tommy Olson.

From this I think we can safetly say that Kill and his staff seem to know a lot more about recruiting than the experts on this blog. Sure, stars and offer lists are nice but having a staff that knows what they are doing is priceless.

This arguement holds no water. None of these guys have ever played D1 football. Just because they are on the depth chart does not make them great recruits. It just shows the state of the program and the lack of depth. These guys are just names at this juncture.

This arguement holds no water. None of these guys have ever played D1 football. Just because they are on the depth chart does not make them great recruits. It just shows the state of the program and the lack of depth. These guys are just names at this juncture.
I agree. Kill himself already said that some kids are not going to be redshirted just because of the lack of depth. I'm not saying Kill's initial recruits wont turn out but let's not get too excited until we see how they play.

I do agree with the recruit ratings. A lot of 4 star recruits don't do much in college, some 1-2 star kids go to the NFL. However, it does generally work when looking at a class in general. If you stack the roster full of 4 star recruits it's almost certainly going to be better than a roster full of 2 and 3 star recruits.

This thread died last summer.

I have the death certificate and body to prove it (not my body, you idjuts!)

Question... How has Gary Patterson done it? Seems to me, TCU isn't a fantastic destination for football players. Let's face it... somehow Fort Worth really wouldn't be a great recruiting trip for a young person, but somehow Mr. Patterson puts quality teams out on the field. Wasn't Jerry Kill the best man in Patterson's wedding? I think these guys are cut from the same mold. They certainly talk to each other. Let's wait and see what Jerry Kill can do.

Question... How has Gary Patterson done it? Seems to me, TCU isn't a fantastic destination for football players. Let's face it... somehow Fort Worth really wouldn't be a great recruiting trip for a young person, but somehow Mr. Patterson puts quality teams out on the field. Wasn't Jerry Kill the best man in Patterson's wedding? I think these guys are cut from the same mold. They certainly talk to each other. Let's wait and see what Jerry Kill can do.

Minneapolis ≠ Fort Worth in terms of local talent

Make that 24-0. Trevor Laws (Apple Valley) was offered right away by Minnesota. He turned them down and wasn't very nice about it either.

Top Bottom