Barreiro mispronouncing Linux

Spaulding!No!

Reaction score
And then listening to him get angry cuz people corrected him on it. Hahaha what an insufferable goat. Just play yer geezer jazz.

so, I tried to read about this "scandal" at the U of MN. most of it went over my head.

Does anyone understand what this is about? Supposedly people at the U as part of some "research" project were submitting bad code to an open-source platform.

Mind you, I don't really understand what that last sentence means - just parroting what I read.

Is this some kind of heinous act in computer world?

Asking as a 65-year-old guy who doesn't get tech.

Linux had an affinity for blankies and could wail on the piano like Liberace, silly. As for computers, I can turn mine on.

What’s strange is Danny B does fake rants and this seemed like one and then he went on and on. After 15 minutes, I realized he was serious. Rocking chair radio right there.

So where are we at with this? About as compelling as acting like Ben Lieber has anything going outside of kfan.

What’s strange is Danny B does fake rants and this seemed like one and then he went on and on. After 15 minutes, I realized he was serious. Rocking chair radio right there.
I listened to it as well and Barreiro was absolutely joking. He could not care less about this.

so, I tried to read about this "scandal" at the U of MN. most of it went over my head.

Does anyone understand what this is about? Supposedly people at the U as part of some "research" project were submitting bad code to an open-source platform.

Mind you, I don't really understand what that last sentence means - just parroting what I read.

Is this some kind of heinous act in computer world?

Asking as a 65-year-old guy who doesn't get tech.
Linux is an “open source” operating system (OS == the software that makes your computer work - Windows is the OS on your PC or laptop, unless it’s an Apple, iOS is the OS on your iPhone, Android on your Google phone, etc). Linux is a niche OS and also for geeks who like typing commands. It’s also free, comes in several dialects and, as mentioned, open source. This means people - anyone - can submit changes/updates. The research project by the U attempted to prove that process was vulnerable to hacking- people submit code, code gets approved and released, is how the process works. Now think, nefarious coder steals credit card data.

I listened to it as well and Barreiro was absolutely joking. He could not care less about this.
I am going to go with your take on this. Kinda exacerbates the media fake news thing tho. Like, it doesn’t help.

And - let's not forget - Barreiro routinely does interviews with imaginary guests.

the "Carl Gerbschmidt" bit with a member of the media pretending to be an over-the-top Packers fan, and the bit with someone claiming to be an NFL draft expert named "Marty Wexler the 3rd" - which is supposed to be making fun of the obsessive way that NFL teams study draft picks.

it took me a while to realize that for Barreiro, everything is a bit. nothing is genuine. it's all calculated to create some type of a response by the listeners.

Top Bottom