Banned from Syracusefan.com

oleboy41

Reaction score
Because one of their posters began attacking me out of the blue, offered to fight me as he lives in MPLS. He called me an internet coward, I asked him how to reach him personally to continue the conversation and now I'm banned, lol. I've been trying to be cordial but man what a bunch of panty wearers over there

Sooo... Who won the internet dick measuring contest?

Because one of their posters began attacking me out of the blue, offered to fight me as he lives in MPLS. He called me an internet coward, I asked him how to reach him personally to continue the conversation and now I'm banned, lol. I've been trying to be cordial but man what a bunch of panty wearers over there

I had a filling that your posting wasn't going to end well. Very entertaining group over there. I will say that some were trying to be civil but, on the internet, wackos tend to have lots of (cyber) power. lol

I have been reading the syracusefan.com that it was only a matter of time before you were going to get banned. It was not as if you were doing something wrong. All they were looking for is someone to be pissed at because they feel like they are being disrespected. The forums have created to game scenerios, one between the fans before the games and then the game itself. If your team wins, there is alot of chest beating that I told you so acting like they are a bunch of Jimmy the Greek's. I feel like a majority of them are just a bunch of Cartman's screaming respect my authority.

My personal favorite is that they kept screaming that they kicked our ass in Maui. Being up by 2 with 2 minutes to go a big ass kicking. I guess winning now is considered an ass kicking. Plus *********** was there earlier in the week throwing gas on the flame. Shocking I know.

Lets just go out the field a win and kick off 2014 in a big way. The excitement for next season really helped alot with our play in last season's bowl game. Lets keep that excitement for next season.

Gophers by 4 TDs.

Oleboy, think we find this guy?

Those fans are incredible. I don't understand why they feel so disrespected. I don't see anyone over there predicting blowout or anything. They are insane. There is one reasonable guy and the rest are lunatics.

I've thought of going over there, but I just know I'd get banned after my first post, so why bother, lol.

Syracuse ain't squat.

3 straight times we've beaten them, we have 10 Natl Titles to their 3, or 6 nationally recognized ones to their 1, we have 18 cfb HOF players to their 9. We have dozens of former athletes making money playing their sport professionally right now, and I seriously doubt Syracuse can make that claim.

I've thought of going over there, but I just know I'd get banned after my first post, so why bother, lol.

Syracuse ain't squat.

3 straight times we've beaten them, we have 10 Natl Titles to their 3, or 6 nationally recognized ones to their 1, we have 18 cfb HOF players to their 9. We have dozens of former athletes making money playing their sport professionally right now, and I seriously doubt Syracuse can make that claim.

That is all history and has nothing to do with this year's game. Syracuse fans talk smack about us on their board, and we talk smack about Syracuse fans on our board.

Makes sense to me.

That is all history and has nothing to do with this year's game. Syracuse fans talk smack about us on their board, and we talk smack about Syracuse fans on our board.

Makes sense to me.

You are right Dr. Don, that is all history and does have nothing to do with this year's game.

But I've already addressed this year's situation. Syracuse didn't win a single game vs a Top 50 rated team all year and we won 2 games vs Top 50 rated teams, and Syracuse lost 2 games to teams ranked outside the Top 50 and we didn't lose to anyone ranked outside the Top 50, and Syracuse lost 2 games by larger than 50 point deficits and a 3rd game by 35 points, while the Gophers didn't lose a single game by more than 30 pts and only one loss was by a margin larger than 2 scores. Syracuse played a weaker schedule than us and lost both games to teams that we shared in common and that the Gophers beat.

I expect a win no matter what. A close win if we don't play our best and a blowout win if we do.

Am I saying its not possible that we could lose? No. It's a possibility, if we play poorly and Syracuse plays its A game, then yes, we could lose. If we played 10 times, I expect we'd lose 1 or 2 of the 10 games.

I haven't seen a single non-Syracuse fan predict a Syracuse win. Not at ESPN, not at CBS, not here, not anywhere. They can feel disrespected all they want, but that comes with the territory when your team doesn't do anything to garner any respect.

The game won't be won or lost in blog exchanges. It'll be won or lost on the field.

If that is the case why do we continue to have all these dumb threads?

It's called "entertainment". Some people find entertainment from reading these threads, others from posting in them. Best thing about threads like these are they are not the only threads going at the GH, so anyone who doesn't enjoy reading them can abstain from doing so.

The game won't be won or lost in blog exchanges. It'll be won or lost on the field.

Wrong. It was proven last year when the West Virginia fans overlooked Syracuse and that is why WV lost.

Just ask the Cuse fans, they'll tell you.

Have you tried crying about it?

Join the club OB. Their mod didn't appreciate my rebutal to his post about how terrible he thought our passing game was, to the effect of since they've been getting their asses kicked for 1/5 of the season why are they only averaging 40 yards more per game than our 'terrible' passing offense. Really didn't go into it for a pissing match and they had plenty of decent posters, but the few blind homers were too much.

Wrong. It was proven last year when the West Virginia fans overlooked Syracuse and that is why WV lost.

Just ask the Cuse fans, they'll tell you.

That's exactly my concern. I fear that as we persuade ourselves in the blog exchange that we are likely to win - and I believe that we are likely to win - that we might lose our focus and expose ourselves to an upset. But it's not what us as fans believe, it's what our team believes. Hopefully, it will stay focused. ignore any fan over confidence, and take Syracuse seriously. I want a maximum effort and a ninth season win, preferably by two or three touchdowns.

I just really hope that we keep our foot on the gas and kill this team. If we get a decent lead I want to continue to see an all out attack to run up the score. This isn't so much because I flat out hate Syracuse, but I want the Gophers to show the NCAA that they have been overlooked.

I just really hope that we keep our foot on the gas and kill this team. If we get a decent lead I want to continue to see an all out attack to run up the score. This isn't so much because I flat out hate Syracuse, but I want the Gophers to show the NCAA that they have been overlooked.

I think this is one of many problems with college football and basketball deciding postseason position based on perception. Programs have an incentive to run up the score to show that they "dominated" a game. That is one of the reasons I never fault a college football or basketball coach for running up the score. If he wants to throw a hail mary with a 40 point lead and 30 seconds left, it makes sense because a 47 point lead will look more dominant. I'd love to see the other sports go to something like the pairwise ranking for setting the hockey tournament field so that you don't get "style" points for running up the score or winning games in a way that let's you pass the evil "eye test". Since perception is so important, if we get the chance, I'd like to see us keep our foot on the gas and run it up, but the most important thing for me is just winning the game.

I did but unfortunately I couldn't bring tears. However the pain of you holding onto my nuts is making me well up

oleboy - thanks for fighting the good fight. Unfortunately, the Syracuse fanbase is unwilling/unable to engage in reasonable conversation. It would have been great to see a reasonable exchange of information.

I'm not buying the "Syracuse Fan's Father" getting verbally abused. I sure didn't see anyone from Syracuse at the game. What a poor travelling fanbase. I'm calling BS.

oleboy - thanks for fighting the good fight. Unfortunately, the Syracuse fanbase is unwilling/unable to engage in reasonable conversation. It would have been great to see a reasonable exchange of information.

I'm not buying the "Syracuse Fan's Father" getting verbally abused. I sure didn't see anyone from Syracuse at the game. What a poor travelling fanbase. I'm calling BS.

yea. My thing is that its completely different from what most people say about the MN fan base as most folks that post on here or other boards I've been on say that the fans treated them well. That said even if he had a horrible experience the idiot claims he lives in MPLS and hates MN because our fan base is oh so terrible which is just stupid. And even IF that were true I'd personally not dissed Cuse at all and was being reasonable (I think) and he was acting like a donkey simply because I'm an MN fan which is idiotic and childish. None of this really matters though, just some pre bowl entertainment

Oleboy - I saw a number of your early posts over there, and thought you were downright reasonable and respectful. Most of the 'Cuse fans seemed to be also, with a few exceptions. Didn't see how things degraded, but I'm a bit surprised at what a large chip these Syracuse fans seem to have on their shoulder. You extended the olive branch of information and discourse, and shame on you for that (apparently).

^ That large chip on their shoulder is a result of being a Sorry-Excuse for a football team football fan.

Tried going to SyracuseFan.com, but you have to disable adblock. I guess I won't be reading their drivel.

I am going to quote our banned poster GopherInPhilly:

"Syracuse Sucks!!!"

Top Bottom