Bama-Utah

Gopher07

Captain of Awesome
Reaction score
Raise your hand if you saw this happening.

End of the first quarter:

Utah 21
Alabama 0

WOW. This is exactly why we need a playoff.

It's turning around, Utes wearing down already, 'Bama finally woke up

28-17 Utes lead after 3 ... should be a pretty good finish in this one.

John Parker Wilson just got sent to the turf for the SIXTH time tonight. Where was this supposed all-world offensive line for the Tide?

Dandy of a game.

'Bama fumble! Dumb penalty by the Utes ... but still, time is running out for Saban's boys. C'mon Utes!!!!

So why should Utah not have a share of the National Championship? Maybe if there was just some way to figure it all out - you know, where all the the teams played eachother on some sort of bracket type thing. What would you call that?

I sure hope some people vote for the Utes as #1. They flat out whipped 'Bama's butt. What was the line in this game? I assume the Tide was favored, maybe even by quite a bit.

Where was this supposed all-world offensive line for the Tide?

I don't know the names, but Bama's problems started when their starting left tackle (I believe) was suspended. Bama then took their left guard, and moved him to tackle, but he was injured in the first quarter. So for the rest of the game as it turns out, Bama only had 2 of their 5 starters on the OL playing their normal positions. It all started with the guy who got suspended, I bet he feels just great right now

I'm betting they'll get the first place AP votes. Unfortunately for them though, Michigan was horrible this year. Had Utah beat a typical Michigan team, they would be right there in the mix, if not favorites in at least the AP poll.

There have already been some what I would consider major upsets this year, no reason there cannot be more!

Andre Smith being suspended was a big loss for the OL. Mike Johnson getting hurt did not help either......but it does not matter..that was a ass whipping by Utah. They were the better team and deserved to win.

This game was basically like the asteroid which wiped out the dinosaurs. The BCS is dead, it's just a matter of how long it will take to bury it. The discussion is really going to be more what form the playoff takes.

How about an 8 team playoff, with the top 8 conference champions participating in the playoff. (This would leave Notre Dame out, boo hoo, join a conference). Or you could use the top six conference champions, and have two at-large spots. The first round of the playoffs should be played at the higher seed's home field.

Top Bottom