Baltimore Ravens fire former Gopher Marc Trestman as their OC

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Looking to create a spark for a struggling offense, the Baltimore Ravens fired offensive coordinator Marc Trestman and replaced him with quarterbacks coach Marty Mornhinweg just five games into the season.

The Ravens announced the change Monday morning, less than 24 hours after a 16-10 loss to the Washington Redskins.

"My obligations are to the team, the organization and the fans to be the very best team we can be," Ravens coach John Harbaugh said in a statement. "Today we find ourselves one game out of the division and conference lead after experiencing two tough losses at home. We will work to be better in every aspect of our football team. Our expectations are high, and we look forward to fulfilling them.

"I appreciate and respect the efforts and contributions Marc has made to the team since his arrival. Marc is a good person and an excellent football coach."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...inator-marc-trestman-replace-marty-mornhinweg

Go Gophers!!

Greatest coach ever, ask GopherHole!

There were boosters that wanted to hire Trestman as Gophers head football coach. Thank the high heavens that we never ended up hiring Trestman. Total bomb in Chicago and now booted after five games as OC in Baltimore. I would rather have a sworn D-bag in Bielema as coach then ever have Trestman grace the Gopher sidelines and that is swallowing a lot of dislike for Butt.

There were boosters that wanted to hire Trestman as Gophers head football coach. Thank the high heavens that we never ended up hiring Trestman. Total bomb in Chicago and now booted after five games as OC in Baltimore. I would rather have a sworn D-bag in Bielema as coach then ever have Trestman grace the Gopher sidelines and that is swallowing a lot of dislike for Butt.

Nick Saban was a bomb in the NFL as well. Doesn't mean Trestman wouldn't work well in college, but certainly does not mean he will either...

Nick Saban was a bomb in the NFL as well. Doesn't mean Trestman wouldn't work well in college, but certainly does not mean he will either...

Saban at least had a very good college football history before bombing in the NFL.

Trestman has very little on his resume as far as college football goes. That might be a very tough transition.

Trestman's success came in the CFL. Outside of Canada he has little or no success. He is the guy who gets the job when a head coach is about to be fired and no one will take the OC job.

Top Bottom