Badgers losing recruits

Its all starting to fall apart for Bielema!!

As much as I hope this would be true, I don't know if they are worried quite yet or even should be. They still have three solid OL prospects (although the Dodson kid is listed as a soft verbal) and they are still in the Jordan Diamond sweepstakes, so rumors of their demise may be greatly exaggerated, at least at this point.

After providing this half-hearted defense of the Badgers, I will now have to go shower.

Gotta love watching it crumble...now give us that damn Axe back!

As much as the signs are positive in terms of problems in Badgerland I am not going to get too excited about their pending implosion until we see proof of it on the football field. When we see our stock going up and theirs going down in the win/loss column then there will be cause for celebration. I have a hard time cracking too hard on the Big Ten rep from the Rose Bowl when we are coming off of a 3 win season that included a loss to NMSU.

Until the Badgers win only 6 games over a 2 year span, we cannot say it's crumbling. They still have Alvarez there to right the ship if it goes off course. Sorry guys.

I agree with the last two posters.. I can't stand the badgers but it only makes us look like haters by ripping on them.. hating is what chicks do

They have a ton of good linemen committed to U of W. I don't think losing one is going to bring down the Badgers.

is the guy who gives them the necessary ingredients to all be 340 pound lineman still there, or did he go to pittsburgh as well?

anyone know?

is the guy who gives them the necessary ingredients to all be 340 pound lineman still there, or did he go to pittsburgh as well?

anyone know?

No, Bielema still has the checkbook.

Way....too early to start predicting the Badgers demise. Let's place the focus where it should be -- building and improving our program. Can't wait for next season...Go Gophers!

Until the Badgers win only 6 games over a 2 year span, we cannot say it's crumbling. They still have Alvarez there to right the ship if it goes off course. Sorry guys.

Very true, it's all speculation until the whistle blows. Rumors of B.B.'s demise almost went viral a couple years ago and then he comes out and wins about 10 games that season. Thus far, he just keeps putting up "w's" on the scoreboard plus two consecutive trips to the Rose Bowl (albeit losses) doesn't hurt either.

Yep, good comments on counting chickens before they are hatched (or in this case, counting skunks before they are weaned). I'll believe it when I actually see it in the form of a sub .500 record and meanwhile, will place my attention on the improvement of our own program here at MN.

I disagree, they are our most bitter rivals and can be 'hated' on in our message board. This is where we as fans get our hate on.

I don't think their program will tank next year, but we can only dream. Losing coaches and losing high-caliber recruits is a good start.

If anyone wants warm fuzzies with no hate, go watch some Oprah.

Alvarez is in control over there. BB has nothing to do with their success, and IMO alot to do with the problems they've encountered this offseason.

Burt was supposed to upgrade the national recruiting and add a defensive persona to an already potent power running O. So far he's suckled off of Chryst's offense to 2 rose bowls while doing nothing to upgrade the D, and now he's fumbling an easy sell to blue chip recruits that would set them up for several years talentwise.

We are not to the point where we can consistently compete with the big boys of the BIG right now, or even with a 2nd/3rd tier program like wisky. That doesn't mean we can't sit in our pool of calm and enjoy the foundation Kill is building while laughing at the turmoil and denial of trouble to our east.

Come on. We're Minnesota, they're dirty sconnie, we can make fun and laugh at them at any time, for any reason.

Kill should start his own 340-lb OL Hog Farm!

Why does Minny always have to import our good stock to our out of state rivals?

I mean the bleeding has to stop.

anyone know?

Who are you saying supplies the horse steroids? I think the S&C coach stayed.

anyone know?

Who are you saying supplies the horse steroids? I think the S&C coach stayed.

Kill should start his own 340-lb OL Hog Farm!

Why does Minny always have to import our good stock to our out of state rivals?

I mean the bleeding has to stop.

Most of our OL is from MN: Olson, Olson, Gjere, Hayes, Pirsig, Campion, Bjorklund, Mottla etc.

We get a significant portion of our OL from MN.

What does Minnesota have to do to make Wisconsin home territory for recruiting? I know it's not Texas, or even Ohio--- but the extra few 3 and 4 star caliber athletes would be nice.

If I'm Jerry Kill, some of those kids might be worth a phone call.

Then again, I thought once Zook got fired at Illinois that commit list was ripe for cherry picking and it hasn't panned out.

Top Bottom