Badgers and St. Cloud State

I was there. Plenty of red. The Gophers otplayed UW but all of those goals were rightfully disallowed.

Regarding UW hockey support it is, as I said, the 3rd most popular sport on campus. I just think calling it minor when, in 2008 it likely outdrew Gopher football, basketball and hockey is dumb.

Make fun of Badger fans for drinking, which I find amusing, or for being rude hosts, which I find embarrasing, but don't make silly statements about them lacking fan support. It's pathetic.

I love your misleading quoting of attendance figures. First, I'm pretty skeptical about the idea they outdrew Gopher football. I assume you must be adding up UW hockey attendance for 25+ home games vs. Gopher football attendance for 7 home games. Only per-game attendance can really be compared across sports....and then:

You're comparing different-sized arenas because the badgers happen to play in a basketball arena. In most years, with equal sized arenas, the Gopher hockey team would outdraw Badger hockey by a mile. I grew up in SW wisconsin and they barely know hockey exists there. There wasn't even a high school varsity team until I graduated in the early 90's and then (and still now) it's a coop team with THREE high schools.

What a stupid thread though. It didn't take this thread to prove that the vast majority of people in Wisconsin don't care about hockey. It's not part of the culture except in pockets of the state and it probably never will be.

Since no moderators listened the first time, perhaps they will hear this:

THIS IS A FOOTBALL BOARD. MYSELF (AND MANY OTHER POSTERS HERE) COULDN'T CARE LESS ABOUT THE "SPORT" OF HOCKEY. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR GETTING THIS TRIPE OFF THE FOOTBALL BOARD.

Since no moderators listened the first time, perhaps they will hear this:

THIS IS A FOOTBALL BOARD. MYSELF (AND MANY OTHER POSTERS HERE) COULDN'T CARE LESS ABOUT THE "SPORT" OF HOCKEY. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR GETTING THIS TRIPE OFF THE FOOTBALL BOARD.

Putting the word sport in quotes is a little ridiculous. Not sure what makes football a sport if hockey isn't one. That said, it's true the thread probably doesn't belong on this board. However, if you don't care about it, you don't have to click on it. Judging by the amount of replies on this thread compared to others, I'd say there's quite a few people who care. This is the state of hockey after all.

go to a t puppies game then go to a wild game. Wild tickets are so much more expensive and they are not in the playoffs this year and they still sell out every game. T puppies have like 25 people at each game and they basically give away tickets.

The Mild's sellout streak is a farce my friend.

What's the difference between college hockey and the special olympics? The special olympians scored higher on the SAT.

you are right. it is a bad idea. a horrible one. in fact we will invite michigan instead. a hockey school most of us respect much more since they.....you know.....actually produce and recruit their own hockey talent in michigan. unlike the bobos in north dakota and cheese-dique-land who rely almost entirely on minnesotans and canadians to field competitive teams.

Haha, what?

UW Badger Men's Hockey:

Minnesota Born: 5
Wisconsin Born: 11

Gopher Hockey fans sure like to pound their chest about the program, but last I checked Wisconsin has won 6 national titles in hockey and Minnesota is still sitting a 5.

mnbadgerguy- The gophers have destroyed uw in head to head, wcha titles, and frozen fours which is a lot more impressive. The best team doesn't always win in hockey look at Denver lost in the first round. You should move back to wisconsin and stay on their boards.

Top Bottom