Badgers 3-pt shooting

Block M

Reaction score
The Badgers 3-pt field goal percentage is currently 3rd highest in the country at 47.2%. They have attempted a whopping 144 three pointers and made 68 of them. This will certainly be a difficult matchup for the Gophers, who defend the three point shot inconsistently, as we know.

It has been interesting to see the transition of the Badgers in recent years from a team that gets to the basket (and to the line) with frequency into a 3-pt shooting team that rarely gets to the line. It is a formula that works fantastically well when the shots fall (especially on friendly rims at home); however, this approach can cause catastrophic losses when the shots are not falling (see recent NCAA flameout). Hopefully the more offensively balanced Gophers can defend the 3-pt line reasonably well against the Badgers and pull out the tough W.

I watched the Badgers / BYU game. Badgers played significant portions of the second half without a center (lineup Taylor, Gasser, Brust, Evans, Bruesewitz). They spread the court and would penetrate than dish back for the open 3. BYU did not try to cover Brust at all (big mistake). Gasser, Berggren, Taylor, Bruesewitz are all good three point shooters.

My opinion Gophers need to go small and good defense to stop this (Mbakwe, Williams, Austin Hollins, Welch, Armelin) - should be a good. If Andre improves his defense would rotate him in also.

Wisconsin looks good - I would not be surprised in they beat North Carolina.

the badgers have not played anyone.. they have 3 point shooters but most of them are stand still shooters.. except taylor the pump faking traitor hes the only one who can consistently penetrate.. also berggren has been good so far but weak mid majors never have good post defenders.. ralph should be able to shut him down.. we will most likely split with them this year but like us we will see how they play against better teams (they have marquette and north carolina coming up).. they know they wont be able to get there shots at will and will be athletically outmatched as usual.. so they will stay close by playing boring basketball that they do so well.. the best team they have played is byu and byu is bad without jimmer throwing up 30 shots a game. they will be good but they just never have the athletes the real elite teams have.. by the way leave ryan evans and bruser open they cant shoot

I really, really hope we don't consistently double down on the post against the Badgers. That would be a huge mistake and would serve absolutely no purpose whatsoever.

I really, really hope we don't consistently double down on the post against the Badgers. That would be a huge mistake and would serve absolutely no purpose whatsoever.

In agree here

Wisconsin doesnt have a good match up for trevor

The Badgers have played a really weak schedule so far this year.
Bo adjusts his offense more to the players strength than people give him credit for. They talk about the boring "Bo Ryan System" but if he has a "system" it is to be efficient and effective- no matter what that takes. They run when it is available but not at all costs. If they have someone that can score in the post, they let him post up. If they have a bunch of good shooters like this year, they will spread the floor and pass the ball until someone makes a 3 or the D falls asleep and then they will go to the rim. Back when they had Alando Tucker it seemed like they posted him up all the time. If Evan Anderson could play defense well enough to earn some time he would be in the low post more often that Bergrenn is going to be.

Top Bottom