Badger football is killing it, sadly

Thought it was Markus Allen for a second. Thought wow dodged that one.

After seeing how they handled the Cephus situation, I feel confident in saying that if he had eligibility left, he might have missed a full game.

I am looking forward to this thread evolving into a granular breakdown of the Badger quarterback room and Fickell Family Fan Fiction.

After seeing how they handled the Cephus situation, I feel confident in saying that if he had eligibility left, he might have missed a full game.

I am looking forward to this thread evolving into a granular breakdown of the Badger quarterback room and Fickell Family Fan Fiction.
Based on his numbers, he didn't see the field much. This guy and Brent Moss with his cocaine addiction...

I expected news about killing it on the recruiting front. Not this literally.

Change your best wisconsin.

The Cephus situation? They suspended him and then was only reinstated after charges were dropped if I remember correctly. Not sure we can bash them for that.

The Cephus situation? They suspended him and then was only reinstated after charges were dropped if I remember correctly. Not sure we can bash them for that.
Charges weren't dropped. He was arrested, charged, expelled and acquitted.

I came to this thread about ready to go off on the number of posters who are obsessed with WI and pretend the world is collapsing on us. Glad to see its just about a reminder of why culture matters. It is not to say you can't produce a few bad eggs here and there. However, the good will and positive impact Gopher football players are making in the community and beyond (including the NFL) let you know what Row the Boat is about.

A lack of knowledge about the topic has never hindered you from making a comment about it.
The long and short about the Cephus situation is that he was falsely accused, and the U of WI did handle it poorly by expelling him without due process, the Madison DA made a terrible decision in charging him. and the jury deliberated 10 minutes before finding him not guilty.
He was reinstated, played the next year, and is in the NFL.
Cephus now has a suit against the U of WI for how badly they dealt with the situation, charging them that because he is Black and the woman involved is White he was not given due process.
Her father also happened to be a big donor.
I suspect the university will settle.
I believe on one occasion you said you are an attorney, if so I hope you prepared your cases better than you did in the above comment.
And your alliteration needs practice.

A lack of knowledge about the topic has never hindered you from making a comment about it.
The long and short about the Cephus situation is that he was falsely accused, and the U of WI did handle it poorly by expelling him without due process, the Madison DA made a terrible decision in charging him. and the jury deliberated 10 minutes before finding him not guilty.
He was reinstated, played the next year, and is in the NFL.
Cephus now has a suit against the U of WI for how badly they dealt with the situation, charging them that because he is Black and the woman involved is White he was not given due process.
Her father also happened to be a big donor.
I suspect the university will settle.
I believe on one occasion you said you are an attorney, if so I hope you prepared your cases better than you did in the above comment.
And your alliteration needs practice.
Which part of it did I get incorrect?

Arrested--> YES
Charged --> YES
Expelled --> YES
Acquitted --> YES

You think I prepare for my cases better than I comment on Badger football criminals on a Gopher message board? Ya think? That said, I didn't need to "prepare" for my comment, it was 100% accurate.

Couple small nits:
(1) It wasn't a Madison DA;
(2) They deliberated for longer than 10 minutes;
(3) My alliteration, whether you liked it or not, was also 100% on point. All four words started with the same letter.

You're wrong a lot, are you wrong this often on the Badger boards? I'll hang up and listen to you tell me what part I got wrong.

Which part of it did I get incorrect?

Arrested--> YES
Charged --> YES
Expelled --> YES
Acquitted --> YES

You think I prepare for my cases better than I comment on Badger football criminals on a Gopher message board? Ya think? That said, I didn't need to "prepare" for my comment, it was 100% accurate.

Couple small nits:
(1) It wasn't a Madison DA;
(2) They deliberated for longer than 10 minutes;
(3) My alliteration, whether you liked it or not, was also 100% on point. All four words started with the same letter.

You're wrong a lot, are you wrong this often on the Badger boards? I'll hang up and listen to you tell me what part I got wrong.
You only wrote, "handled the situation".
You did not write arrested, etc, etc, etc.
You took the topic of a former WI FB player that was recently convicted of two murders and then used a WI FB player who was acquitted of rape and was reinstated and said if the convicted murderer "had eligibility left WI he would only missed a game".
That makes no sense.
I presume that if you had a Logic class, you slept through it.

You only wrote, "handled the situation".
You did not write arrested, etc, etc, etc.
You took the topic of a former WI FB player that was recently convicted of two murders and then used a WI FB player who was acquitted of rape and was reinstated and said if the convicted murderer "had eligibility left WI he would only missed a game".
That makes no sense.
I presume that if you had a Logic class, you slept through it.
I think you missed a post of his. You're looking more foolish with every post.

the U of WI did handle it poorly by expelling him without due process,
Just curious where you're getting this?

Usually these things have their own investigations, interviews, and hearings. The burden of proof is lower than in a civil legal suit, but it is not fair or reasonable to call it "without due process".

Just curious where you're getting this?

Usually these things have their own investigations, interviews, and hearings. The burden of proof is lower than in a civil legal suit, but it is not fair or reasonable to call it "without due process".
Now, I think there are due process issues with Title IX investigations that lead to expulsions for these students.

This guy must love camps. Going straight from Camp Randall to Work Camp.

Top Bottom