Badger fans whining about tickets

I was just talking to my bro-in-law last night. He agonized over buying season tickets before ultimately deciding not to (he and his wife were just going to be out of town for too many games). He said he was looking at the various outlets for Air Force tickets and was floored by the prices. I'm sure those Wisconsin tickets are right up there around the same price.

The easy to predict comeback from the Iowisconsinites is that they will just have to wait a season or two for the stadium to be half empty. Yawn. That comes up pretty much any time the stadium is discussed on their fan sites.

I just checked the link and it took all the way to post #9 to make my prediction come true. :)

With a couple more seasons of Bielema at the helm, their stadium is the one that will be half empty. Who knows what 2011 will bring for the Gophers, but with Gray, Green, Bennett, Edwards, Kirksey, Cooper, Carter, etc. all upper classmen starters along with Gjere and some of the new guys and a couple of more recruiting classes of upgraded talent, I'm not worried.

Badger fans are already whining about how they cannot get tickets to Oct. 3 game. With fan interest down this year anyway, and this should help keep the red to a minimum. If they come, then by all means they are welcome to an outside view of the stadium. Things are finally as they should be.

http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/21610/t/Gopher-Game-Tickets.html

This is the more telling sign of how bad the dome was, and how correct a 50,000 seat arena is...

For my sons, it will be the first Axe Game they have missed since about 4th grade (they are now 24 and 21). Tough, tough ticket, but I scored one for myself as a birthday present (thanks, Monsignor!). I threw my kids under the bus and said they were on their own. Older son may try to come on up and see what happens, but relatives in the area confirm that this is not your usual UW-MN ticket scenario.

It should not be like this.. it shouldn't be something so easy to do. Man the Dome sucked.

What I will point out again, though. 10,000 - 15,000 badger fans will always drive up the price of tickets in TCF. Tickets will never be cheap no matter how the Gophs are doing. Because it is a rivalry, 40,000 gopher fans are always going to show up and want tickets. Badger/Iowa fans will drive up the prices for these tickets beyond face. The reason the games were ever cheap for them is because supply was so great. Take away 14,000 seats. Supply goes down a ton no matter what.

aside from Mich and OSU weekly selllouts are unusual. The schools don't mention it, cuz it is negative, but it is a fact.
Besides, David Shama says my school is a short bus school, so what do I know?

This is the more telling sign of how bad the dome was, and how correct a 50,000 seat arena is...

For my sons, it will be the first Axe Game they have missed since about 4th grade (they are now 24 and 21). Tough, tough ticket, but I scored one for myself as a birthday present (thanks, Monsignor!). I threw my kids under the bus and said they were on their own. Older son may try to come on up and see what happens, but relatives in the area confirm that this is not your usual UW-MN ticket scenario.

It should not be like this.. it shouldn't be something so easy to do. Man the Dome sucked.

What I will point out again, though. 10,000 - 15,000 badger fans will always drive up the price of tickets in TCF. Tickets will never be cheap no matter how the Gophs are doing. Because it is a rivalry, 40,000 gopher fans are always going to show up and want tickets. Badger/Iowa fans will drive up the prices for these tickets beyond face. The reason the games were ever cheap for them is because supply was so great. Take away 14,000 seats. Supply goes down a ton no matter what.

Don't talk economics with sconnies and cornhens, they just get confused.

I have been enjoying turning down co-workers, friends, and some family that have asked to buy my extra tickets for the MN/UW game. Simple question to qualify, "What color shirt would you be wearing on gameday?" When the answer is red, their facial expression is priceless when I tell them they are only available for Gopher fans and walk away. I'm actually enjoying this too much. I should take pictures of the sad faces and post them. :clap:

I have been enjoying turning down co-workers, friends, and some family that have asked to buy my extra tickets for the MN/UW game. Simple question to qualify, "What color shirt would you be wearing on gameday?" When the answer is red, their facial expression is priceless when I tell them they are only available for Gopher fans and walk away. I'm actually enjoying this too much. I should take pictures of the sad faces and post them. :clap:

I have some good friends from Madison (yes, yes...somewhat of an oxymoron) who are coming up for the game. They've asked if I can get them seats or how they can get seats. I've replied with "No" and "Pony up the dough". They're under the impression tickets will be going for face or a little over come gametime. I just laugh and tell them what bars to check out when they get tired of waiting.

I have some good friends from Madison (yes, yes...somewhat of an oxymoron) who are coming up for the game. They've asked if I can get them seats or how they can get seats. I've replied with "No" and "Pony up the dough". They're under the impression tickets will be going for face or a little over come gametime. I just laugh and tell them what bars to check out when they get tired of waiting.

If it is as little as 1,000 fans without tickets good luck on face. By gameday fans are going to this game. Tickets will be sold.

I had to buy tickets for this game on E-bay. It was expensive, but the opportunity to see the Bucky game, the final Twins game in the Dome and Vikes/Packers was too good to pass up. Outside of a Final Four/BCS Championship it's certainly the most I've ever spent on a week-end of sports events and I haven't even bought the Twins tickets yet. All worth it hopefully.

A coworker asked if I had any tickets available. I asked, well what color shirt would you be wearing? When the answer was red, I politely told her that I'd sell them for $4,000/piece to any Wisconsin fan who would pay the price. For some reason she felt that was unfair.

Looking ahead to 2011 when once again order will be restore. UW will out number you silly Minny fans and will take over D 2 size TCF. Don't worry about Coach BB he will still be here in Madison, what you should worry about is who will be the new coach after little Timmy is sent back to high school coaching after 2010 season.

Sorry you have nothing in your own pathetic state to look forward to, janes.

If i lived outside of Minnesota, I would look forward to the next time i would visit too.

Or maybe you are just looking forward to the next reason to leave your God-awful state.

I've managed to fend off my dad, a Badger season ticket holder. I basically have decided for this first season, that I will not bring any bucky fans, regardless of how close they are to me as friends or family. I'll probably CONSIDER it in the future, though i'm not sure how soon I'll actually do it. It would just feel wrong.

Top Bottom