B1G week 1 rankings

Formo

Sections 109 and 114
Reaction score
Figured I'd post this here.. At HuskerMax.com they have this thread and I found it interesting how high our Husker friends have been ranking us

Here are my rankings after week 1:

1) Wisky - It pains me tremendous to admit this. They were the most impressive performance this past week.
2) UNL - Despite T-Martz's poor passing stats, the Husker still found enough will to roll over Chattanooga.
3) tOSU - Not impressed with their opponent, but even with all the backups playing, the Bucks rolled.
4) PSU - I was surprised at how much they beat Indiana State. That says something.
5) NW - I'm giving the Wildcats the love they deserve. They played VERY well considering their hyper productive and accurate QB Persa was out. Oh, and they ran through BC's 'vaunted' run defense like it was Swiss cheese.
t-6) Iowa - I know weather had some factor in it.. but the Hawks played a team I have never heard of before this last week.
t-6) scUM - Despite playing a Sisters of the Poor school, I was still impressed with the Wolverine's defense. Definitely not Rich-Rod's D.
t-8) MSU - The Spartans should have handled Youngstown.
t-8) Illinois - Another lackluster performance vs an obvious much weaker opponent.
10) Minnesota - For a school going through as much transition as the Gophers have this past year, and for their starting QB to go out in the 4th quarter. And for their backup QB being a true freshman.. To go to a hostile environment in star-studded LA, put on a weak performance for the first 2 quarters.. They played better than anyone could have expected.
11) Purdue - Barely squeaked by a very bad team. MTSU is the ONLY team that Minnesota beat last year before their train wreak of a head coach Tim Brewster was fired. That's how bad MTSU is. And Danny Hope's boys didn't impress.
12) Indiana - Coach Wilson has more work to do with the Hoosiers than Coach Jerry Kill does with Minnesota. Ouch.

Must be Nebraska's version of Minnesota nice :)

we didn't beat purdue last year

Ha ha...that's how I read it too. :)

It's Ok. Our friends from Nebraska speak a little differently than we do. I used to live there, so I understand "Husker-Speak".

If the board ever needs a translator, I can make myself available.

They were talking about Brewster beating Middle Tennessee last year. Purdue really did look bad.

To be fair, that was MY rankings. Husker Nation's rankings were much more generous to our Gophers. I edited my rankings to better reflect what I was trying to say. lol

Top Bottom