B1G teams biggest spenders in recruiting per CBS đź‘€ (7. Minnesota, $1.12MM)

Makes ya think the most important element to recruiting is definitely not money with Rutgers at #2, Ohio State at #5 and Wisconsin and Iowa not on the list.

Makes ya think the most important element to recruiting is definitely not money with Rutgers at #2, Ohio State at #5 and Wisconsin and Iowa not on the list.

The Rutgers number of $1.6M is odd in that I've heard numerous times that the football programs is running in the red. I assume that the AD made some concession when they hired Schiano that he would get the resources he needed to recruit.

The Rutgers number of $1.6M is odd in that I've heard numerous times that the football programs is running in the red. I assume that the AD made some concession when they hired Schiano that he would get the resources he needed to recruit.
Ya, I don't know....each of these schools spends a lot of money. Minnesota has like 40 deputy athletic directors....there are like 17 here Staff but I saw a list with a bunch more. All the schools get $100 million dollars in TV money, plus ticket revenue, concessions, advertising revenue, sponsorship money, donations, fundraising, on and on. It's potentially a lotta money.
In that big picture...the $1 million on football recruiting seems very low with travel for coaches and incoming visits for recruits etc. with 110 guys.

Top Bottom