B1G Match 6: Gophers Visit Rutgers (10-7-23)

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
Rutgers is 0-5 after tonight’s 1-3 home loss to Ohio State 21, 24, -18, 14. The Scarlet Knights also have dropped matches to: @ Penn State 0-3, Purdue 0-3, @ Michigan State 1-3, Maryland 1-3

I really hope the team turns into goldfish and forgets last night. However, my inner cynic fears that Rutgers takes us to five sets.

I really hope the team turns into goldfish and forgets last night. However, my inner cynic fears that Rutgers takes us to five sets.
Why can’t this team come ready to play. I think they won the first set 3 times in 13 matches so far. Most of first set losses were blow outs. They need crowl in the lineup for energy and a different look.

There is nothing more to say. Losing to Rutgers is a new low.
I totally expect they will be completely out of the top 25, which will be a first since 2014. Time to bench some players during the next 2 weeks. A little mental reset. I never expected to see the gophers playing so poorly.

I didn’t see the game just looked at the boxscore, did Julia get hurt?

Good God! A four set loss to Rutgers. This is abysmal.

I was hoping to wake up today and be able to say it was all a dream...NOPE.

Great Gopher players and Great Gopher coaches, but they are unable to play as a unit out there. At this point, strengths are not meshing on the court for both the players and coaches. I for one am struggling trying to understand the constant subbing in and out that KCook is doing.

I have no idea if all these players will return or not. It is no secret our back court and middle need building up. Our starting setter is playing with an injury and our backup setter hasn't played a full match since her days at Kansas.

As I stated earlier, I just feel they need to settle into a lineup and not worry about the outcome but learn how to play together. KCook has transferred in some great players but is not responsbile for recruiting any of the returning Gopher players.

It appears with social media this team is enjoying their time together off the court. It is time they transfer that over to the playing court. I felt we saw a glimpse of that last night in the Rutgers game and it needs to continue.

IMO their best match of the season was the Baylor match.

I was hoping to wake up today and be able to say it was all a dream...NOPE.

Great Gopher players and Great Gopher coaches, but they are unable to play as a unit out there. At this point, strengths are not meshing on the court for both the players and coaches. I for one am struggling trying to understand the constant subbing in and out that KCook is doing.

I have no idea if all these players will return or not. It is no secret our back court and middle need building up. Our starting setter is playing with an injury and our backup setter hasn't played a full match since her days at Kansas.

As I stated earlier, I just feel they need to settle into a lineup and not worry about the outcome but learn how to play together. KCook has transferred in some great players but is not responsbile for recruiting any of the returning Gopher players.

It appears with social media this team is enjoying their time together off the court. It is time they transfer that over to the playing court. I felt we saw a glimpse of that last night in the Rutgers game and it needs to continue.

IMO their best match of the season was the Baylor match.
I think the priority for next year is to get 3 libero/DS players to rebuild the back row defense. I think the girl from turkey should improve with more time as she came over in august. Need 2 more for sure. I think Swenson will take the setter position next year. Hope they can figure out how to play together soon.

The decision not to pay for BTN+ was the correct one.

Gross.

LOL at folks saying they need to bench people.

Ain’t a single thing changing he rest of the season.

If you’re gonna crash the plane, might as well go full throttle up into the ground!

I tend to disagree with your assessment. There’s still a lot to play for this season. Granted, no B1G title or NCAA championship, but growth as a unit can help toward next year. Benching a player can have a positive affect.

I don't care if Landfair or Schaffmaster "grow" the rest of the season (they won't).

I hope they transfer out.

Wucherer is a different story, but she should not be allowed to play back row. DS out including service.

Meaning she'll probably refuse to accept that, thinking she still has a shot at a high-level career in volleyball as an OH, and transfer out too. So be it

Top Bottom