B1G Match 16: Gophers visit Indiana (11-12-23)

The outstanding performance by Hanson today was not a fluke. I never expected KCook to pull Wucherer. Hanson came in with the right mindset and is able to reset and elevate no matter where Shaff's sets are.....IMO something Wucherer cannot or is not able to do.

Hanson gives 120% every time she is given the opportunity to play. I believe this might be the first time this season all starting Pins hitting % was very positive. I for one am extremely happy for her...she really shined today in our win. Without her I am not so sure the results would have been the same. That first set was nothing but a COMPLETE DOWNER.

Ladies looked good today. Murr was her typical self. All over the floor making difficult Digs. I won’t say an About out serve receive today, because that is a very good serving team. Most of there aces were not going to get returned by anyone. I thought the floor defense was better, but passing and setting are still not where it needs to be. We have our last four at home. Iowa, Ohio St. And Illinois are all winnable if we play well. Do that and it should be enough to get us into the tournament. I am looking forward to seeing Nebraska, hope we can stay competitive

Tough match. Matches don't get much closer than this one. They couldn't pull away from IU but they didn't collapse. Some great individual efforts. They are now tied for 5th place and have a good chance to finish in 5th, which I think will get them into the NCAA tournament.

Tough match. Matches don't get much closer than this one. They couldn't pull away from IU but they didn't collapse. Some great individual efforts. They are now tied for 5th place and have a good chance to finish in 5th, which I think will get them into the NCAA tournament.
This team can make you nervous just watching the replay when you know the outcome

@4EverAGopher it’s really incredible, isn’t it???

You do … something different, and the results are …. DIFFERENT!?!!!?!!!!

What???!!!!?

Thanks for taking all season to do what fans knew needed to be done several weeks, Cook.

Hope Hansen starts rest of the year. Won’t happen

In all seriousness, I wasn't so sure KCook would leave JH in the rest of the match. I have also questioned when he starts moving players in and out like "chess pieces". How does a player gain confidence and not have it turn into a mental game for each one of them? Some players can handle it much better than others and I think we have seen that so far this season.

I have no idea what his intentions are moving forward, but I am so glad he did not put Wucherer back in. JH was waiting for her moment to shine and she sure did.

Grote coming up with one of her biggest "blocks" of the season in the 4th and 5th sets. She struggles with that part of her game, but she came through for us, when the match was on the line.

We witnessed a Gopher team coming together and actually believing and playing like they were going to win that match no matter what....AND THEY DID!

Top Bottom