B1G Match 12: Gophers Visit Wisconsin

I think five freshman could make up a solid core for our rotation. I'm concerned about getting more solid help via the transfer portal. We need to make that work for us not against us. We need a better setter and 6 position players who have comeptent back row and serve receive skills. I'm not emotionally tied to Landfair, Schafmaster and Wuecher. AFAIAC, they can stay or go. Especially if we can get players in the portal who play better than them.
Well this is what I was more or less referring to. Would this program be willing to do what Jen Oldenburg (OH State Coach) did by not offering her six qualified Covid players a scholarship and instead offering them to the incoming Freshman class? Anybody who is following this sport knows their program has taken a huge hit in performance this season and are also down in the BIG volleyball standings. As tough as that decision was for her, she held true to her promise to her incoming Freshman Class.

Without our middle, back court and setting limitations being addressed, we can expect the same results next year. I for one would like to see the New Era start next season with Minatee, Schnichels, Z, Olivia and Stella.

This is what concerns me: too many ifs.
If the Swenson Twins....
If we get some good transfers....
If we get a DS/libero transfer....
If we get some strong blockers.....
If we can find the right mentality....

I have faith in the Swenson Twins, but the remaining options give me dread.
I agree it this a lot of unknowns. Hopefully some will work out.

Top Bottom