B1G Game 9: Gophers Visit Purdue (1-27-22)

If Lindsay would just read our helpful comments on Gopher Hole. :)

"I wish I knew the answer for you,'' Gophers coach Lindsay Whalen said when asked about her team's recent third-quarter struggles. "I feel like we had the looks. We were in the right spots to make some plays. A few times we relaxed. A few times they beat us down the floor. Things opened up for them. We'll keep working, keep searching for what we can do to be better in the third.''

Whalen has lost her team. Probably started back when Destiny Pitts left. The players are not buying into what she is selling, and that makes it difficult to win games. I blame the AD for hiring someone who was not qualified for the position. Players lose interest, pride, and motivation toward being successful, and just go through the motions with little to no effort. Typically, it's nearly impossible to get players back at this point. Sad to say.
Unfortunately, CoachJD might be right..
I can't say it was a bad hire at the time, can hardly fault the AD for the selection.
I liked the defensive intensity against Purdue, but we lost badly to a team that fired their coach, players left and the new coach got transfers in to replace the good ones that left..

Top Bottom