B1G Game 5: Gophers @ Iowa (1/6/2021)

Ok.. they keep up these bricks and turnovers and I'm turning it off.

Well, the upside is we showed we are capable of going on the road and playing some really good ball against a solid team.

Downside is we don't have ability to maintain that level and deal with the counterpunch.

Scalia with a nice reverse layup... and then nobody back on D and Iowa for an easy layup. Sigh.
Time to go watch the men's team.

Great 1st half but really outplayed in the 3rd quarter. They looked gassed in the 4th. Clark is special and overall we played better as a team. Keep improving !

We needed a player to step up in that 3rd qtr and take charge, show energy, passion and it didnt happen and thats what happens with a young team.
Do you all remember when the Lynx were down in the finals and Whalen fouled hard on a layup and it energized the lynx to a win... thats what we needed tonight is a player to say 'no more'.

Watched the game as a diversion to today’s events. Played really well for 3/4 of the game, unfortunately the other quarter sank their chances. Still a big improvement from earlier games. This is a young team, hope to see continued improvement and consistency through the rest of the season. Good to see Scalia confidence back, really saw the potential in Sissoko. Seemed to be a sense of panic in the dreaded third quarter maybe more experience will avert future meltdowns in the up coming games.

Second half got back to one pass and launch a shot. Not getting back on transition D. Still leaving feeling better then some of the games to start. I felt they competed better.
I agree with MNGirlshoops with needed that player to step up. I just think it’s not only in the 3rd quarter it’s all the time. I can’t see a true leader on this team yet on the court.

Reading some of the comments, seems like we let a really good opportunity slip through our fingers. I wish that this game was on Youtube or something. I know Scalia was hurt during the Wisconsin game. Was that the reason why she didn't start? The young lady is tough as nails.

the pieces are there.. the chemistry is not yet.. having Sara back is great new, sad that she hurt her shoulder at Wisconsin, it kind of looked like it was giving her problems after halftime, like it stiffed up on her during the break.. I saw her messaging it trying to loosen it up.

keep the faith people, remember this team is super young too.. I know it's no fun losing but they have improved the last two games.

I know Scalia was hurt during the Wisconsin game. Was that the reason why she didn't start? The young lady is tough as nails.

Jeezus: From the STrib (emphasis added)

"In the second half we kind of started off slow,'' said Sara Scalia, her right shoulder encased in ice. She separated it against Wisconsin on Sunday and hadn't practiced since. But, after taking a numbing injection, she was able to play Wednesday, scoring 18 points.

"An absolute warrior,'' Whalen said. "Not many players would have played tonight. She did. If we continue to have players with hearts as big as hers, we'll be just fine.'

Top Bottom