B1G Game 3: Gophers Host Indiana (12/23/20)

I don’t read
More Smith. Less Powell. This team isn’t efficient so it needs more set plays. In this game what would the shooting percentage be on kick out 3s? I think high. Smith looks to kick or score. Powell is going to the basket no matter what. Scalia is a shooter but not a creater. A step back 3 is not her shot. A kick out 3 is. The post defense is bad because the rotation is bad. There needs to be more week side help. Smaller guards need to box out. Scalia positions decent on rebounds, Powell does not. Half of rebounding is anticipating where the ball will come off the rim.

I coach high school. As an assistant to a great head coach. I’m not taking any credit but the team I coach for has multiple defenses. Minnesota does not. I have cut Whalen some slack because I absolutely idolize her, but this team need something more. I believe it’s a defensive assistant coach to help Whalen.
This can not be their best offense!!

There will never be a bigger Gopher fan then me, but I need more I can’t watch this. Losing is one thing not competing is another.
Very good honest post. I like to hear from people who SEE the game and just don’t watch the game.

Also has Hedman been dressing? I thought she looked very promising in the first game?

If Whalen didn’t have Covid to deal with they would of lost to the Drake Bulldogs by 20 instead of 33. I think Whalen has a chance to get the job done but to date the program is sputtering. Fact. Nothing wrong with being honest.
Agree this team is struggling early but you are incorrect that they lack talent. That is not true so it appears you enjoy finding fault and being negative. As multiple posters have discussed Whalen's record is close to a number of future National Championship winners. It's simply too early to know what this program will become and I choose to support her and the players.

Who is not supporting them? Have been for years. I just give an honest critique on what I SEE. My opinion that’s all.

Never said you are not supporting them. I said I disagreed with your they have no talent comment. Go Gophers !

Not excuses my friend, I agree with your comments, but need to focus each day on getting better at this point, it is what it is. We have several MN recruits coming in over the next couple years, but they appear to be system kids, so we need to get better as a team

the word was Diva had a dental procedure this week, so seemed to be on limited minutes
Yes! I was told that Diva had major oral surgery 2 days before the Indiana game and it's still bothering her today. Poor thing!

Top Bottom