B1G Game 15: Gophers Visit Rutgers (2-17-21)

so Sconiers scores 11 in the 1st half.. misses the opening start to the 3rd quarter and pretty much gets yanked and didn't see her again.... why?!?!? she was our best scoring option.. so she misses a bunny and you pull her and bench her?!?! why?

Also Smith needs to become a option on the offense.. otherwise while she out there we are playing 4 on 5 as she hardly looks for her own shot.. passes up drives to the baskets or open shots.. why is this scoring threat that made her a 4/5 star recruit?!?!

so Sconiers scores 11 in the 1st half.. misses the opening start to the 3rd quarter and pretty much gets yanked and didn't see her again.... why?!?!? she was our best scoring option.. so she misses a bunny and you pull her and bench her?!?! why?
Maybe the boxscore is wrong but it looks like she played the whole 3rd quarter and the 1st 5 minutes in the 4th?

Maybe the boxscore is wrong but it looks like she played the whole 3rd quarter and the 1st 5 minutes in the 4th?

boxscore right.. just so odd she was our best scoring option, then we just stop going to her.. I know adjustments but 6 shots in the 1st half and only 2 in the second.. have to find a way to make adjustments to RU.. to get Sconiers going she was our only threat for awhile.

Sconiers played like she wants her starting job back. I agree Smith rarely looks for her shot, need more offense from her. When Sissoko gets beat on defense she needs to stop with the fouls and giving the opponent the and 1, too long for her to be sitting on the bench.

Also Smith needs to become a option on the offense.. otherwise while she out there we are playing 4 on 5 as she hardly looks for her own shot.. passes up drives to the baskets or open shots.. why is this scoring threat that made her a 4/5 star recruit?!?!
Smith has definitely not found her offensive game so far this season. You see a few flashes but she fails to finish on many of her drives. Still think she has a big upside so hoping she figures it out this season.

boxscore right.. just so odd she was our best scoring option, then we just stop going to her.. I know adjustments but 6 shots in the 1st half and only 2 in the second.. have to find a way to make adjustments to RU.. to get Sconiers going she was our only threat for awhile.
Its tough to get her shots when you dont get the ball past halfcourt...

Smith has definitely not found her offensive game so far this season. You see a few flashes but she fails to finish on many of her drives. Still think she has a big upside so hoping she figures it out this season.
Shes not confident with her shot but i really wish shed go hard to the rim more, I dont even care if she misses the shot or gets called for a charge, just go hard and draw contact use that strength and athleticism. Shes gotta be more of a threat.

If it looked like Tekia Mack was in charge, she was:

"We try to mix our defense up, and the last few games, I feel like it wasn't aggressive enough," said Mack, whose eight steals were the most by a Scarlet Knights since 2015. "I took the initiative to put the press on (I ran it by Coach first), and we made them play in the backcourt. That's our basketball and our way of playing defense."

Shes not confident with her shot but i really wish shed go hard to the rim more, I dont even care if she misses the shot or gets called for a charge, just go hard and draw contact use that strength and athleticism. Shes gotta be more of a threat.

agree there, she has the speed to get passed players, just go attack and try and draw a foul.. when she's on the floor we honestly are playing 4 on 5 because she hardly looks for her shots so defenders sag off her, for being a 4/5 star recruit, she hasn't shown that offensively at all..

Back to back 5-second calls. Constant turnovers. Sloppy passing. Damn it. This could have been a game where we played tough and could be proud. Instead we'll be putting the scrubs in for the whole 4th quarter.
No scrubs. We played the starters in the 4th quarter. Not sure why? Starters got outscored by Rutgers bench and Diamond Johnson. Maybe the scrubs would have been a better choice.

We have to learn to deal with pressure, we panicked. We got out of rhythm early when Kadi got her 2nd foul, but we were able to keep it close. Some kids are stretched at this level to handle that kind of pressure and length. Coaches are to good in the big10, they exploit weakness.
you got to give Rutgers credit for disrupting our offense. Scalia had an off night shooting, but if she would of got hot, that game looks different. It just didn't end well, time to move on to the next game.

No scrubs. We played the starters in the 4th quarter. Not sure why? Starters got outscored by Rutgers bench and Diamond Johnson. Maybe the scrubs would have been a better choice.
we played the starters to get some confidence back...

Top Bottom