ACC (5-5)
Pac 12 (5-5)
SEC (5-5)
Big XII (3-6)
Notre Dame (0-2)

Won all 4 of its most important perception-shaping games:
Wisconsin over LSU (neutral site)
Nebraska over Oregon (in Lincoln)
Michigan State over Notre Dame (in South Bend)
Ohio State over Oklahoma (in Norman)

3 losses were Illinois (at home) to North Carolina, Penn State @ Pitt, and Rutgers @ Washington.

Power 5 Head to Head (through Week 3)
B1G (8-3)
ACC (5-5)
Pac 12 (5-5)
SEC (5-5)
Big XII (3-6)
Notre Dame (0-2)

3 losses were Illinois (at home) to North Carolina, Penn State @ Pitt, and Rutgers @ Washington.

So who from the East is your pick for the 2nd B1G team in the playoffs after the Gophers run the table? My guess is Ohio State.

B1G (8-3)
ACC (5-5)
Pac 12 (5-5)
SEC (5-5)
Big XII (3-6)
Notre Dame (0-2)

Good stuff, thanks! Great to see some quality analysis like this after all the weeping and gnashing of teeth here yesterday that the Big Ten was going to be terrible this year.

That's great! However I wouldn't call Lambeau Field "a neutral site".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1G (8-3)
ACC (5-5)
Pac 12 (5-5)
SEC (5-5)
Big XII (3-6)
Notre Dame (0-2)

For your viewing pleasure:

Future B1G Conference Schedules - http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/big-ten-football-schedules.php

conference cheering....what hath the internets wrought.

Can blame the internet for a lot of things...this would not be one of them, whatever you mean by it.

How many internets are there...?

I'm not sure these records are meaningful without context (team x played team y) but I'm glad we had a triumphant day yesterday after a really rocky start. Iowa happened. No question 8-3 better than 3-8 but bowl season is probably more reflective as it at least attempts to match similarly skilled teams.

I'm not sure these records are meaningful without context (team x played team y) but I'm glad we had a triumphant day yesterday after a really rocky start. Iowa happened. No question 8-3 better than 3-8 but bowl season is probably more reflective as it at least attempts to match similarly skilled teams.

Helps down the road for OSU and MSU...and probably have a nice cascade effect for other top B1G teams come bowl picking time.

The prestige of the Big Ten can directly affect the prestige of Minnesota with recruiting, attendance, TV ratings and viewership, conference revenue divided up among schools etc. Also it's just nice to see the teams and the players that we always play and are familiar with do well.

Yeah LSU losing to a flawed Wisconsin team isn't a good look for the SEC. Ohio State dominated a once highly ranked team at their house. Michigan State looks impressive again.

The cream of the Big Ten, OSU and MSU, looks pretty good. Michigan should improve based on talent alone. Outside of that there's a muddle right now. Who will improve and emerge? Will MSU continue their dominance of Michigan?

Yeah LSU losing to a flawed Wisconsin team isn't a good look for the SEC. Ohio State dominated a once highly ranked team at their house. Michigan State looks impressive again.

The cream of the Big Ten, OSU and MSU, looks pretty good. Michigan should improve based on talent alone. Outside of that there's a muddle right now. Who will improve and emerge? Will MSU continue their dominance of Michigan?

Can't wait for conference play to start...

The prestige of the Big Ten can directly affect the prestige of Minnesota with recruiting, attendance, TV ratings and viewership, conference revenue divided up among schools etc. Also it's just nice to see the teams and the players that we always play and are familiar with do well.

None of that is enough to make me cheer for Wisconsin to win a national championship though. ;)

Power 5 Head to Head (Week 4)

I noted above that the B1G was done with Power 5 opponents. That is incorrect. Indiana hosts Wake Forest this week.

Week 4: Power 5 Head to Head
Wake Forest @ Indiana, 2:30 (BTN)
Duke @ Notre Dame, 2:30 (NBC)

Top Bottom