B1G Covid Postponements

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score

The women’s basketball game Saturday between Ohio State University and the University of Iowa at Value City Arena has been postponed after Ohio State paused all team-related activities due to an increase in positive COVID-19 tests within the program.

The decision to pause and postpone was made jointly by the Ohio State Department of Athletics and its sports medicine staff in consultation with the Big Ten Conference. The University of Iowa has been kept up to date on the latest developments.

Both institutions will work with the Conference office to identify potential rescheduling options later this season. The status of Ohio State’s road game against Maryland on Wednesday, Dec. 23 is still to be determined.

Feels like this is gonna be pretty common this year.

Was curious to why the Gophers just didn’t pause to start the season. I understand the difficulty in scheduling in COVID 2020 also I understand they had the minimum number of 7 available but the lack of practice time should have been considered. What they trotted out couldn’t have done much for thei confidence. Still seems like a talented bunch, still hoping to see improvement

Was curious to why the Gophers just didn’t pause to start the season. I understand the difficulty in scheduling in COVID 2020 also I understand they had the minimum number of 7 available but the lack of practice time should have been considered. What they trotted out couldn’t have done much for thei confidence. Still seems like a talented bunch, still hoping to see improvement
They did cancel 2 games the 1st week of the season. With big ten starting so early they likely wanted to get some games in before that. Seems like no matter what they did it wasn't gonna be a good situation. In other news the NCAA ruled all transfers available today so Mershon should be eligible if thats what they want.

I agree, wish they would of postponed until covid free, but they didn't and that is 2020. This dosen't bother a veteran team who has been in a system for a couple years as much as a young team where they are wide-eyed and struggle to process the speed of the game. Even Kadi is like a Freshman, she only played a few games as a true freshman before she got hurt and sat out last year. You can tell the speed of the big10 has caught her struggling to adjust. She'll figure it out, but she has no college experience and we are putting a lot on her to be our Pitts of 2021

Saturday's Michigan v Illinois game postponed

ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- The University of Michigan women's basketball team's game at Illinois scheduled for Saturday (Dec. 19) has been postponed due to COVID-19-related concerns within the program. The decision was made by the Michigan Athletic Department in consultation with medical professionals.

Both institutions will work with the Big Ten Conference to identify potential rescheduling options later this season.

Two more Buckeye postponements: Dec. 23 at Maryland and Dec 31 hosting Maryland.

The Ohio State women’s basketball program, which had its game this Saturday against Iowa postponed amid a pause of all team-related activities, has had its pause of all team-related activities extended for at least the next seven days, and its games Dec. 23 at Maryland and Dec. 31 against Michigan State have now been postponed, as well

Top Bottom