Axe Weather

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
Right now the weather doesn't look too bad for December 19th in Madison, WI.

A cold front will likely push through the area early Saturday morning, and could bring a quick 1/2"-1" of snow well before kickoff. Dry conditions are expected during the game. Temperatures will drop from the mid 30's early in the day to the mid-upper 20s at kickoff, and should remain there for the duration of the game. WNW wind at 5-10 mph.

Bring home the Axe!!

The weather looks great tomorrow, especially for mid-December.

There could be a dusting of snow early in the morning, but that will melt as temperatures rise above freezing. Mostly cloudy with a kickoff temperature of 35º and a light NW wind at 5 mph. The temp will only drop to around 32º in the 4th quarter.

Pretty much matches GWG forecast.
So you're saying GWG was reading off the actual forecast given by actual, professional forecasters? :cool:

Don't care. Not going to waste my time arguing over a silly thing. Just giving people the option.

So you're saying GWG was reading off the actual forecast given by actual, professional forecasters? :cool:

Don't care. Not going to waste my time arguing over a silly thing. Just giving people the option.
Cute. Thanks. You made it silly with your response to GWG.

I was not responding to GWG. Hence no quote. Please take your concerns to PM, if you still have any.

I heard GWG has his own Doppler radar, but he only breaks it out for Axe week.

The weather looks great tomorrow, especially for mid-December.

There could be a dusting of snow early in the morning, but that will melt as temperatures rise above freezing. Mostly cloudy with a kickoff temperature of 35º and a light NW wind at 5 mph. The temp will only drop to around 32º in the 4th quarter.
Do they have heating coils for the field at Camp Randell?

It is field turf versus grass, which I believe is a bit softer in sub-zero temps than frozen dirt.

I think that might be somewhat true due to the little rubber bits, but I suspect the real factor is how much moisture has gotten in there. If none, then it will be kinda soft. If it got wet at some point and then froze... gonna be hard.

Bring out the flame throwers...

I want to say that before the Mark Coyle's were installed.... we used to tarp the field and blow heaters under the tarp..... I think that "worked" within a certian envelope of temps and etc.... but again I think you had better hope there wasn't moisture.

As for that device ... that looks like some Red Green device that is less than successful....

I remember as a kid they would always pull out that clip of the flamethrower when a Vikings game got cold. I can still hear my dad - "That wouldn't do a goddamn thing".
It would probably work for a few minutes and then quickly freeze again.

I remember as a kid they would always pull out that clip of the flamethrower when a Vikings game got cold. I can still hear my dad - "That wouldn't do a goddamn thing".
When the field crew pulls out flamethrowers -- that's gotta do a number on the visiting team.

Top Bottom