Austin's jumper

BigGopherFan

Banned
Reaction score
If he can develop a better than average jumper and shoot, say, 38 percent from deep on more than 65 attempts this season...look out! I was so very impressed with his game against the Stags. He is BEGINNING to take the next step in his development. Should be fun to see how it pans out over the next 2 plus years.

BigGopherFan;461403[B said:
]If he can develop a better than average jumper and shoot, say, 38 percent from deep on more than 65 attempts this season...look out![/B] I was so very impressed with his game against the Stags. He is BEGINNING to take the next step in his development. Should be fun to see how it pans out over the next 2 plus years.

The same could be said for Dr. Don.:)

If he can develop a better than average jumper and shoot, say, 38 percent from deep on more than 65 attempts this season...look out! I was so very impressed with his game against the Stags. He is BEGINNING to take the next step in his development. Should be fun to see how it pans out over the next 2 plus years.

Yes, he's a nice player and is the type of kid that will progress well. Those numbers (38%, 65 3FGA) are absolutely doable.

Agreed - I think Hollins & Hollins is going to be a great combo.

Austin has been Co-MVP so far this year next to Trevor in my mind. He might just be coming into his own.

Did anyone know that he could throw down like that. Talking about the put back one handed dunk. That was just flat out nasty.

Austin has been Co-MVP so far this year next to Trevor in my mind. He might just be coming into his own.

Did anyone know that he could throw down like that. Talking about the put back one handed dunk. That was just flat out nasty.

He really elevated on that two hand fast break dunk too. Pretty impressive. He looks to be playing with a lot more confidence this year.

Yep and I think that is all he needed to do last year. I think Tubby might have given him the green light to be more aggressive this year. Last year he always seemed worried about getting pulled and what not.

He's looking like a leader. I like the development of Austin and Mav a lot so far. Rodney looks a little better as well. I'm a little worried about Welch-he doesn't look the part of a point guard imo.

I agree on Welch. I think right now he is 3rd on the depth chart at PG. Which isn't really a bad thing because it means, like you said, Maverick has stepped up.

He's looking like a leader. I like the development of Austin and Mav a lot so far. Rodney looks a little better as well. I'm a little worried about Welch-he doesn't look the part of a point guard imo.

Agree with all of that. Even if Welch can't handle the point he was suppose to be able to play SG, he doesn't look like he can beat out Joe or Chip to be back-up there either. Hope the kid comes around or GW is going to be eating his words (of course he will spin it somehow, he is never wrong).

Well, Welch is getting more minutes than Joe (who looks tentative and flat out bad on D right now). I think Welch has looked pretty bad so far (and quite slow), but he's experienced, and I think he'll be able to give us good minutes. He also has a knack for getting steals, which is important on this team.

It's tough for a JC transfer to come in and contribute right away. Even Bobby J struggled in the first half of his first season if I recall, exacerbated by the fact that he was also playing out of position at PG. This team reminds me a little bit of that 95-96 team: young talent, but needs time to come together. Unfortunately, unlike that team they won't have everyone back next year and need to pull it together faster if they want to make a run.

Top Bottom