Austin Statesman: Chris Simms: Major Applewhite ‘treated me like crap’ at Texas

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Austin Statesman:

Houston coach Major Applewhite shouldn’t expect any congratulatory notes from his old Texas teammate Chris Simms.

In a pointed interview on CBS Sports radio, Simms said Applewhite “treated me like crap” during their first few years with the Longhorns. The two were part of a heated quarterback controversy during the Mack Brown era that divided the fan base in 2001.

“He tried to kind of make up at the end, but I couldn’t get (past) the first year and a half or two where he kind of treated me like crap,” Simms said on Thursday. “Of course, everybody on the team was telling me things he was saying behind my back.

“But what made it worse is that Mack Brown made us room together on road games. Yeah, he was trying to prove to the media that we were still friends,” Simms continued.

“From that standpoint, that’s where my experience at Texas was miserable. Everything else was awesome. I mean, c’mon, it’s Texas. The playing atmosphere, the college itself, the city of Austin were truly amazing. But yeah, that was definitely one of the things I had to go through.”

http://www.hookem.com/2016/12/15/chris-simms-major-applewhite-treated-like-crap-texas/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom