August Scrimmage?

Zeppelin Gopher

Reaction score
I think I heard something today about the annual public scrimmage being held August 22nd at TCF...can anyone else confirm? That would be great to get into the new digs and check them out earlier than expected; we could probably draw a huge crowd.

I think I heard something today about the annual public scrimmage being held August 22nd at TCF...can anyone else confirm? That would be great to get into the new digs and check them out earlier than expected; we could probably draw a huge crowd.

On CCO tonight, Mike Max mentioned August 22 but I couldn't hear the whole thing. He said something about a fanfest. If they had a scrimmage and a fanfest, I'd be a happy camper. Just to be able to get into the building a few weeks early would be fun.

Aug 22

Yes, there will be a scrimmage on Aug 22nd.

Everyone who has season tickets will also get a ticket for the scrimmage. Athletics is planning to use this event as a dry run for all stadium operations. They will scan tickets, run concessions, etc. (I think that if you have also purchased parking you'll get a pass to your lot as well--but don't remember for sure.)

They want to use this as an opportunity to get any remaining kinks out of the system prior to the grand opening. If there are any remaining issues they'll have some time to address them before the first game.

It will be the first opportunity most people will have to get into the stadium. Fans will be able to find and sit in their seats, take their time and look around the new digs, etc.

The U has been hinting for awhile that they will have a scrimmage in August to simulate a game day experience and work out some of the kinks.

Top Bottom